Steering concerns

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
driveon
Car: M35

I bought my M35 5 months ago and have had problems since day 1 with it pulling really bad, right or left, on secondary roads, especially when slowing down. I've had it aligned 3 times. The mechanic drove with us last time. Agreed there was a problem, but checked with INIFINITI who said no way, that's how its supposed to be. Anyone else running into this?

tkeskic
Car: 2006 M35x Premium with "Aero Package" + 2010 QX56 AWD 7 Seat/Premium + 2007 MB ML320cdi

Do a search, you will find answers on this issue as is been discussed MANY times before;I found this topic within seconds:zerothread?id=166693

So here is the short answer to what most people, and myself seem to be able to get behind and support;

The M35, M35x and M45 and ALL other sports cars with the wider tires will have a pulling feeling when driving in road conditions that have a road crown in them, or whena pplying breaks and a road crown exists. This is normal for all sports car, witht he combination of alignment specs and wider tires present on them.

you may be able to get aroudn this by putting narrow tires on the car ( ie, those found on a toyota camery for example) and a combination of alignment adjustments to reduce the ability to grip the road in high speed cornering.

If the search cool could find these topics, you would be impressed with the number of times this has been written abot, discussed and generaly debated. But this (outside of a true defect) is the cause of the pulling. If you had a guy check three times, either his alignment machine is broken (unlikly) or there is nothing wrong, and you are seeing the normal, desired results for a sport car suspension.

tk

Modified by tkeskic at 6:48 PM 6/15/2006
Modified by tkeskic at 6:51 PM 6/15/2006

Q45tech
Car: 1990 Q45 342,400 miles 22 years ownership with original engine
1995 G20t 5 speed 334,000 miles 16" 2002 wheels - 205/50/16 Sr20ve vvl

Take the car to an airport runway and see how it tracks over 1 mile.

The Nissan window for acceptable alignment range is BROAD to minimize warranty claims [as are all manufacturers]...............be sure everything is set EXACTLY in middle [at the midpoint] of each numeric spread.

Make sure cross axle numbers are exactly equal with you sitting in drivers seat, as different weights will depress the springs differently cchanging the camber and toe.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”