Staying started problem

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
Tydawg123
Car: 2004 Infiniti g35 sedan

Hey Infiniti enthusiasts! I have a 2004 Infiniti g35 that has trouble staying started. It fires up perfectly normal like it's supposed to, but when the Rpms lower back to an idle, it just dies right away, unless I give it a little gas, say 1500 rpm. Then it stays started fine, kind of acts like it has trouble finding the idle point when I let off the gas pedal, meaning it drops a little below idle and then kicks back up to a normal idle. Does this every time I start it anyone have any ideas?!? Please help
Thanks for your time.

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

Tydawg123 wrote:Hey Infiniti enthusiasts! I have a 2004 Infiniti g35 that has trouble staying started. It fires up perfectly normal like it's supposed to, but when the Rpms lower back to an idle, it just dies right away, unless I give it a little gas, say 1500 rpm. Then it stays started fine, kind of acts like it has trouble finding the idle point when I let off the gas pedal, meaning it drops a little below idle and then kicks back up to a normal idle. Does this every time I start it anyone have any ideas?!? Please help
Thanks for your time.
With a thirteen year old vehicle spend the one hour diagnostic fee at you local Infiniti dealer prior to just guessing and replacing parts without knowing the exact root cause.
Could be lots of things such as fuel pump pressure, vacuum leak, and others.

Just my $.02

Telcoman

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”