Static On Factory Head Unit

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

So, after taking a little drive around town in my newly acquired 2011 G25X, I found something that has me a bit perturbed.

I listen to a local classic rock station that is no more than 5 miles across town from me.
When I have the radio turned up a bit I can hear static. Like the sound you get on radio stations that are right about their broadcasting distance limit.

I even drove by the radio station itself with the channel locked in and it still had static on it.

Has anyone experienced anything like this before?
Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!!

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

Did you ever try listening to the same station in another vehicle or at home to determine if the static that you were hearing in your vehicle was a vehicle problem of a station signal problem?
Does the static occur when you drive father away from the station transmitter as the static could be a possible signal overload problem.? You can google the authorized transmitter power output of that station.

Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

I completely forgot I had posted this...

Thanks for the response.

The sound in my other vehicles was crystal clear the days I noticed the static.
Now, here's the weird part. I just went outside and tried it as I haven't driven the car recently due to a suspension issue I'm in the process of fixing.

When I start the car and turn on the radio, it's just fine and dandy. Not sure what the heck caused it, but maybe my son was playing around with the radio settings or something the few times he drove it. Who knows... :gotme

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”