starting the car

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Maurice Morcos
Car: M45 2003 Infiniti

Once in a while I start the car but the car does does not on.There is no action even when I try again. There is no sound, no click or any indication that there is any contact as if the key is not recognized. So when this happens I pull out the key and try few things like locking the doors and opening them, or insert the key into the switch few times until the car starts. I plugged in few times the engine tester to see if there is any problems and I got nothing wrong. I hope that someone has an answer for this problem of M45, 2003.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

How old is the keyfob battery? Assuming the 2003's were keyless start?

cleverok
Car: 2003 Infiniti M45

I am having the same issue. At first I thought it was the battery in the key fob so I switched to my second key which hasnt been used too much and has a new battery. No issue. So I replaced the battery in the key fob I use on a daily and had no issue for a few days. Problem returned. Switched back to my second key and no issues for a few days and BAM, problem returned. I figured maybe it was a security issue so I would lock and unlock the car and that works sometimes. Then I was talking to my pops who has a Nissan Versa and said he had the same issue and also figured it had to the be factory anti-theft system. Took it to a mechanic and found out it was the starter. They replaced the starter and he has had no issues since. I ordered a starter for mine but have not installed yet. Once I do and if it clears the issue I will respond. FYI, I also have a 2003 M45.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

You can also try gently tapping on the start shell with a mallet when starting...that sometimes 'loosens' em up.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”