starting my research

Covering the 2003-2015 first-gen and 2016+ Titan and Titan XD lineup
gsf1200s
Car: 1993 J30 (no longer with us)
2012 Nissan Versa
2003 Chevy Silverado
2003 Suzuki Bandit
1971 Honda CB750k1

I am begining to look at new trucks and wanted to get your impressions on the titan XD diesel. for those of you that have them just some basic pros/cons. I am also looking the 3/4 ton Chevy and Dodge.

another general question. what is the range on the intelligent key? they are one of the things i have seen on the Titan that i am not fond of.

RicerX
Car: '20 Titan Pro4X

Sorry for the late reply -

If you're looking at 3/4 ton trucks for their payload/towing capability, you will be disappointed with the Titan XD. If you're looking for a truck that's just a bit more than a half ton but not quite a 3/4 ton truck, I think the Titan XD offers a significant bang for the buck.

As for the intelligent key, using the buttons on the fob from a good range away works, but for its proximity features (button unlock on the door handle, starting with the button on the dash) you basically have to be on top of/inside of the truck. I have used Nissan's intelligent key for years across many vehicles (Altimas, 370Zs, and now my wife's Rogue and my Titan), and I feel it's among the best in the industry and relatively inexpensive to get (SO MANY other automakers require a premium trim to get similar functionality).

Let us know how your search goes!

gsf1200s
Car: 1993 J30 (no longer with us)
2012 Nissan Versa
2003 Chevy Silverado
2003 Suzuki Bandit
1971 Honda CB750k1

Thanks for the response, that is kind of what i was thinking as far as the titan. I've been looking mostly at 1/2 ton trucks, since i don't plan on towing much. Another question on the intelligent key, since it looks like you have the same two vehicles my wife and i are looking at. Can they be programmed for more that one vehicle? that way if we swap we dont have to worry about different keys.

RicerX
Car: '20 Titan Pro4X

Sadly this is not yet the case with the intelligent key. I have to carry around two fobs if I intend to use both vehicles. It would be really nice if I could program one to use two vehicles, but I'm not aware of that being a capability with any vehicle on the market right now. Curious if that's available anywhere.

Return to “Nissan Titan Forum”