Starter help Please

General discussion forum about all things Datsun! NOTE: If your thread is specific to a certain model, please make sure you post it in the proper forum.
fidencio74

I replaced the sterter yesterday for a new one,   I bought it from Kragen and the screws where the wires go aren't mark and I don't know wich one is possitive or negative also the wires from the alternator goes to the possitive or to the negative?

I forgot to mention that on teh left crew of the starter is this sign @,  Is this possitive?

Fidencio

71-521

On my 521, there are only 2 terminals to hook up....one is a spade connector in the middle top that is the ignition trigger wire...on the left is the large terminal that goes out to the positive side of the battery, alternator and the voltage regulator if I remember right...could be wrong but only 2 terminals to hook up...will post pictures when I can...

fidencio74

Thanks

71-521

blurry but you get the idea

fidencio74

so this means that I don't need the other ground cable that my old starter had going out of the other screw? (right).  Can you take a picture of your fuse box (the one in the engine bay)  I got a cable going to tha ground of the battery.  Is this correct?

Thanks

Return to “Datsun Chat”