Start the car it Beeps and BA light shows on dash, cruise control buttons don't work

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Rob-bb
Car: Nissan Fuga 450

Hi, When I start the car it Beeps and BA light shows on dash, and I can't turn on cruise control when driving, the green light never comes on.

Last week the BA light started coming on when I reached about 55mph (90kph) and it would beep then, also last week I could turn on cruise control, but when I set a speed it would beep and show the orange warning light. I have cleaned the sensor under the front bumper and it made no difference.

What should I start looking at, I checked codes last night and there were none which seems weird.

thanks

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Hi. What is 'BA'? Also, what car is this for?

jbatista3
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35x

Rob, your car has two systems that you can turn on w/ one button basically, if you press the cruise control once, it would engage the intelligent cruise control (ICC) but if you press the same button and leave it press for 2 seconds ( if i'm not mistaking ) it would engage the basic cruise control that all we know. you have to isolate which system is failing in order to find probable cause. note: remember that after you get the yellow cruise light. it wont go away until you turn off and on the car.

jbatista3

btw what "BA" stands for? in order to help you. you meant (((IBA))) intelligent brake assistance??

Rob-bb

Ok, there is a light on the dash (2006 m45/Fuga etc) for brake assist, it's the letters BA inside a box, it usually only comes on when the system can't be used, ie a dirty sensors for the radar under the front bumper. I am aware of the holding cruise control button to get the old school style of cruise control, same effect for both last week, same effect for both this week. Intelligent cruise control would not work when the radar sensor is dirty in normal conditions, this is different from that, the light and beep is now happening as soon as the car is started, in fact, as soon as the ignition system is turned on, for example if I don't start the engine but do turn on the system, where as last week it was only coming on when I hit 55pmh, but last week the cruise control system could be turned on (green light on dash showing) but could not be engaged. Trying to set a cruise speed would result in a beep, adn if not already on then the BA light would come on as well.

thanks

Costee
Car: 2006 Infiniti M45 Sport
2012 Nissan Murano SL

Rob-bb wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:23 pm
What should I start looking at, I checked codes last night and there were none which seems weird.
Maybe not surprising if your tool can scan only the ECM. There are some 16 modules in our cars, you'd need a more powerful tool that can scan the Auto Cruise System and the ABS which appear to be relevant to the issues you're having. The factory service manual should also come in handy if you could download one. Check the sections on ASC (Auto Cruise Control System) and BRC (Brake Control System).

Rob-bb

Costee wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:16 pm
Maybe not surprising if your tool can scan only the ECM. There are some 16 modules in our cars, you'd need a more powerful tool that can scan the Auto Cruise System and the ABS which appear to be relevant to the issues you're having. The factory service manual should also come in handy if you could download one. Check the sections on ASC (Auto Cruise Control System) and BRC (Brake Control System).
Hi, do you have any recommendations for scan tools?

jbatista3

ill check the manual tonight. if i find something, will let you know

jbatista3

Rob-bb

jbatista3 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:47 pm
thanks

Nelson Sandalwood
Car: M45

I went and hade codes read, ABS gave C1109 and U1000, and transmission gave U1000.

Costee
2012 Nissan Murano SL

Rob-bb wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:46 pm
Costee wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:16 pm
Hi, do you have any recommendations for scan tools?
I use Autel tools. For your purpose any of these should do:
MaxiDiag MD805
MaxiDiag MD806 Pro
MaxiDiag MD808 Pro
The Pro versions have the capability to do steering angle resets.

Rob-bb

Costee wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:34 am

MaxiDiag MD805
MaxiDiag MD806 Pro
MaxiDiag MD808 Pro
Thanks, how does an obd tool change steering angle?

Costee
2012 Nissan Murano SL

Rob-bb wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:56 am
Costee wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:34 am

MaxiDiag MD805
MaxiDiag MD806 Pro
MaxiDiag MD808 Pro
Thanks, how does an obd tool change steering angle?
That's the point. It's more than an obd tool.
Check this
https://www.obdprice.com/products/h

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”