Stalling out and throttle body relearn

Got questions about your Infiniti? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
IrideI35
Car: 2002 infiniti i35

Hello,

I have an Infiniti i35 2002 base model. My probleme is that I've replaced the THROTTLE BODY on the vehicle a couple months ago, but the mechanics havent been able to get the RPM's low enough to relearn the system so my check enginge light is always on (I've notice from time to time it would go off for like a day and then come back on) and my RPM's is running to High.
When i get the vehicle on the machine to find out the problem the code says SYSTEM TO RICH BANK ONE.
Another issue is that when the Vehicle is in Drive while on the brake/or sitting in park the RPM's drop so low that the car stall out and cuts off. This happens sometimes.
Wheni look under the hood at the Throttle Body i see brown dried oil around the Throttle body. I think that its leaking through the piece causing it to stall out. I Need help on fixing the throttle body and my rpm system. I hope all this information is valuable to and enough to help with my solution
Thank You

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

:welcome: to NICO!

If you haven't reviewed the factory service manual for your car, it's available at www.nicoclub.com/FSM/

Was your throttle body a new OEM part? My understanding is that the newer drive-by-wire throttle boddies should never be opened manually - so hopefully that didn't happen during the installation...

Heath

Return to “Infiniti Online Mechanic”