Stains on carpet

From wax to washes, the Detailing Forum should be used for questions and ideas concerning exterior and interior cleaning and appearance
S4mG0ld
Car: 2009 Infiniti M35

Good morning!

I purchased brand new floor mats a few weeks ago. Last night my passenger's leftovers spilled on the floorboard and left a nice little puddle of sauce on the brand new mat. When I got back in the garage last night i noticed it and gently wiped it up with a wet microfiber cloth and misted it with some fabreeze because I have nothing to shampoo my carpets.

Can anyone recommend either the best method to remove the hardened stain in the carpet, and/or good products to recommend for situations like this in the future?

I just purchased my M35 in October and I'm doing my best to baby it.

thanks for the input and sorry if this is a repost, I did a quick search but it didn't help much.

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

Since the mat is removable I'd suggest hitting it with the hose. I know that sounds extreme, but I've done this many many times. This will remove most of the stuff on the carpet. The stain itself can be removed using Resolve carpet cleaning powder. It's a moist powder you cover the stain with and brush in...with a brush. Anyway, I've used this type of resolve on indoor carpets and vehicles for years. I have 3 kids and several dogs, so I clean up various messes all the time.

Best of luck, post your results if you don't mind.

WD

S4mG0ld
Car: 2009 Infiniti M35

Thanks for the recommendation! The stain came right out and the mat is back to new conditon again!

I pulled the mat out and hosed it off as suggested. I let it dry out in the garage while I washed the car in the driveway. When I pulled it back into the garage i hit it with the resolve moist powder and a brush as suggested. I let it dry then vaccuumed it up and it's as if it was never there.

Before:
(No more Crawfish Eutofee sauce allowed in the car!)

After:

Thank you very much once again for the suggestion!

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

Awesome! Glad I could help!

Return to “Detailing Forum”