SSCA auto-x question: Choosing numbers and size.

All over the world, Nissan products are involved in road racing, track days, time attack and autocross.
direktdrive
Car: Nissan S14 - Zenki

So does it matter what number you register your car as? I'm guessing as long as the number hasn't been taking in the event your participating, I should be fine right? Also is there dimension requirement for the numbers placed on the car? Like 12" x 15"?

Biggamehit
Car: R33 Skyline
DR30 Skyline
Sil80
180sx

it pretty much has to be visible...

i have magnets that are scca official high 8.5in x 5in and the letters have to be at least 4 in

if you use painters tape, just make it readable and contrasting color.

crackler
Car: ZOMG JDM TYT3

Sizing info.http://mokanmotorsports.com/fo...t=359

As far as what number to use, you might want to check with your local region to see if they have number reservation system / list. If they don't have a reservation system they use, then it pretty much open. You would be smart to check the results for numbers that have been used this year in what ever class you run in. Since those people are likely to have numbers made up already. If they do have a reservation system, follow what ever protocal they use to reserve you number.

direktdrive

Thanks guys.

onosqv
Car: '92 240sx Vert

I didn't know wheatland was an actual city, haha.

anyway, looks like you are from nor cal area, so most likely if you are running scca autox, it's with these guys: http://www.sfrscca.org/ - all the info should be on their site.

direktdrive

lol...wheatland does exist! haha. Kinda weird eh? I usually tell people I live on the outskirts of Sacramento.

But, yea I'm pretty familiar with that scca site. Thanks for the heads up though.

Return to “Nissan Road Racing / Auto X Forum”