sr20det weird no compression wont start

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
cpr

Ok so heres the gimmick. I was lucky enough to have a spark plug hole blow out and strip. So i took the head in and got it heliocoiled and put a new headgasket on when i put the head back on. I did everything to factory specs. Turned engine over by hand and then tried to with starter but engine just spins with no chuggin sound. Checked one cylinder and theres no compression. Only can really hear starter spinning when trying to start the car but the engine is turning over. Any ideas on what it might be? Im not to engine savvy but i was thinking maybe i got the timing a tooth off or two to where it still spins freely by hand but valves are open at same time thus no compression? Idk any ideas or help would be awsome ive been letting her sit for about a month now and im about to go threw withdraws :wtf2:

PyR0NiAk
Car: S13 SR W/ T2 GT3071R .86AR, JWT S4 Cams, 810cc Injectors,Z32 MAF, JWT tuned ECU 87mm 9:1 Compression CP pistons, Manley Rods

Check the rest of the cylinders, as well. You're on the right path. Reset your timing, then check the compression again.

cpr

yeah im gonna get my car up to my new house next weekend and pull the engine and check chain, if it being off a link and not having compression is possible then that its cuz it was runnin perfect right before i took the head off, just gonna suck setting my safc up again for z32 i forgot what it was set at and it wasnt what it says on the internet =(

PyR0NiAk
Car: S13 SR W/ T2 GT3071R .86AR, JWT S4 Cams, 810cc Injectors,Z32 MAF, JWT tuned ECU 87mm 9:1 Compression CP pistons, Manley Rods

If timing doesn't fix it, your headgasket may not have seated.

cpr

Was the lash caps, i put them in uniform on the exhaust side and intake side. But the correct way is that one side is reversed order to the grooved ones and smooth ones from the other cam side. Was causing the valves to open at wrong side and no compression. Figured it out long time ago and she started right back up.

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”