sr20det versa engine swap

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
jquick
Car: nissan versa sl sport

hey i was wondering if yo guys think its possible the sr20det engine swap with the v and if eventually someone will come out with engine mounts for sr20det in the versa

Clipsed
Car: 07 ALL BLACK Nissan C11ST, 01 Mustang GT Vert, and 94 Suzuki Sidekick JX 4x4.

anything is possible, but this would be illegal. If doing an engine swap, you must put an engine that is of the same year or greater (07 or >) and it has to be the same OBD. So you could do it, but then your car will be for off-road and show purposes only, which I don't think you want. Me on the other hand was thinking about putting one of these in my old car which I am now back with, but I will prolly end up getting an RB24 or RB25, SICK!!!! (Is there a drueling icon I overlooked?)

g00kb0i

do it! i was thinking about it but i think turbo would save a lot of headache. i was looking at the nissan bluebird, sr20 and fwd... sounds perfect

Veilside Versa
Car: Nissan Versa

FWD SR20.......Nice.....Do it.!!

Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

Wouldn't be legal. There are no current US models that use the SR20DET, so unless Nissan brought in a new model that used it, it wouldn't be legal. Engine has to be the same age or newer than the chassis.

HareBrained

Ever Victorious wrote:Wouldn't be legal. There are no current US models that use the SR20DET, so unless Nissan brought in a new model that used it, it wouldn't be legal. Engine has to be the same age or newer than the chassis.
Leave it to a moderator to rain on a perfectly good idea. Let the boys dream if they want.

Personally, I'd be content with the MR18 with a Rotrex supercharger, like the one Jackson Racing uses in their new kits. http://jacksonracing.com/home.htm Being over-square (bore > stroke), the MR18 has significant potential. Can't wait for people to start tearing into the MR engine and identify where Nissan has choked it.

MIdnkight-lude

HareBrained wrote:
Leave it to a moderator to rain on a perfectly good idea. Let the boys dream if they want.

Personally, I'd be content with the MR18 with a Rotrex supercharger, like the one Jackson Racing uses in their new kits. http://jacksonracing.com/home.htm Being over-square (bore > stroke), the MR18 has significant potential. Can't wait for people to start tearing into the MR engine and identify where Nissan has choked it.
ummm talk about more money then you ever wanna spend. i dont think you guys have ever been underneith the car HAVE YOU. THERE is really NO ROOM.

First you deal with a small engine bay which wont let your run the engine in it's full length. next you would have to build a cavity to allow the drive train and that would require a new interior or hell, no interior.

as for any other mods, it hard to find room in the engine bay, the only thing i can come up with for the small room is a very small baby turbo. else you have to run the turbo like the foxturbo car.

Clipsed
Car: 07 ALL BLACK Nissan C11ST, 01 Mustang GT Vert, and 94 Suzuki Sidekick JX 4x4.

HareBrained wrote:Leave it to a moderator to rain on a perfectly good idea. Let the boys dream if they want.
1. If you didn't notice I was the first one to post that this was not something LEGALLY possible.

2. Why ruin your warranty and a perfectly good brand new engine only to replace it with a higher milage, and probably beat up more engine.

3. If you are going to take the time and money to do an engine swap, why not do something worth the time and V6 the bugger and make it RWD!????

Dano
Car: '05 Nismo Frontier CC / '95 240sx base

Clipsed, RB24? What did that come in

Toss in a QR25 or better yet, MAKE a VQ35 fit

Wouldn't be easy, but can you imagine getting smoked by a VQ-powered versa?

-Dan

reyes1212
Car: Super Black '07 Nissan Versa

I concur.That would be nice to just RWD it.Dang I would drift the shiznit out of my tires on the windy streets by my house.

Clipsed

240sx2nr95 wrote:Clipsed, RB24? What did that come in

Toss in a QR25 or better yet, MAKE a VQ35 fit

Wouldn't be easy, but can you imagine getting smoked by a VQ-powered versa?

-Dan
woops that was supposed to be 25 or 26 not 24 or 25

shreqboi909
Car: '98 ej8 R.I.P 07 nissan versa/tiida

i was thinking of putting in a qr25 and then purchasing the turbonetics kit for it, this would bring me up to 300hp...i also thought about waiting for a while and trying to see if i can get a clip of the tidda, and probably the whole chasis...since its all wheel drive...and it comes with the 1.5 turbo

HareBrained

Clipsed wrote:3. If you are going to take the time and money to do an engine swap, why not do something worth the time and V6 the bugger and make it RWD!????
I think it'd be easier to graft a Versa body on to a 350Z.

Return to “Versa General Chat”