SR20DET: Tuning Issues - E-Manage

A place to discuss the systems and methods of tuning Nissan engines.
KenSR20
Car: ???? Nissan S13 hatchback

Hi,

I am getting my s13 w/ SR20DET tuned with a E-Manage, 255 pump, 680cc injectors, and Z32 MAF. When it goes to 5,000 RPMS the fuel drops off like the fuel pump is taking a poop. Which is a 2 yr old pump and seems to build pressure fine.

I was told by someone already it could be the MAF clamp voltage issues but I am wanting to see what other people say about it.

The FPR seems to be working fine its adding fuel as its suppose to. I have posted the same post in other forums that have the datalog file attached it's a .lg2 file that I cant seem to open.

Thanks!

http://www.240sxforums.com/for...2.zip

bruinbear714

KenSR20 wrote:Hi,

I am getting my s13 w/ SR20DET tuned with a E-Manage, 255 pump, 680cc injectors, and Z32 MAF. When it goes to 5,000 RPMS the fuel drops off like the fuel pump is taking a poop. Which is a 2 yr old pump and seems to build pressure fine.

I was told by someone already it could be the MAF clamp voltage issues but I am wanting to see what other people say about it.

The FPR seems to be working fine its adding fuel as its suppose to. I have posted the same post in other forums that have the datalog file attached it's a .lg2 file that I cant seem to open.

Thanks!

http://www.240sxforums.com/for...2.zip
What does the log file say about the MAF voltage @ 5000rpm? The MAF itself is limited to ~5.1V.

KenSR20

bruinbear714 wrote:
What does the log file say about the MAF voltage @ 5000rpm? The MAF itself is limited to ~5.1V.
At the rpm we were having problems at the maf input voltage was like 2ish and the output voltage was right at 5. One of the reasons I'm thinking it may be a setting rather than a mechanical problem.

holemilk00

aren't you already making like 300+whp at 5,000rpms? I would look more at the e-manage itself, I'm not a huge fan of them at all and in my experience I've had nothing but problems out of them.

btw, glad to hear its running man.

KenSR20

holemilk00 wrote:aren't you already making like 300+whp at 5,000rpms? I would look more at the e-manage itself, I'm not a huge fan of them at all and in my experience I've had nothing but problems out of them.

btw, glad to hear its running man.
Yeah.. It would be nice to see what it has in high RPMS on high boost. The E-Manage is brand new.. Well since November. As far as settings only thing I really saw is the settings menu where it says motor and maf sensor type which are set right. My luck it probably is the unit and I will prolly have to fork up a stand alone to just be done with it. Hows urs runnin these days? The KA-T?

holemilk00

Yeah I tried that e-manage ult. for a minute on the vert, it ran like s***. I love my AEM EMS, but on my SR car I'm running a PFC.

The vert is torn completely down and I'm searching for someone who can soda blast it bare so I can work on the body end of things, NSI cut a lot of corners on the car that I have since fixed so it is in great shape for when I put it back together.

I've since built a two tone coupe with an SR, and that black coupe with the SR I had at Robs is underway now, kouki front, fresh paint, its going to be my gf's car so shes trimming it out in pink.

I have a black S14 I'm collecting parts for a LSX swap in.

And I still daily the green zenki.

Back to your problem, I wouldn't think twice about bothering Greddy for help on that emanage, trust me they get plenty of those phone calls every minute of everyday, those things are pretty touchy and have some serious glitches.

Return to “Engine Tuning”