SR20DET SR20DE SR20 Shim & Guide Tool

For discussion of front-drive SR20DE, SR20VE and SR20DET engines!
JDS Performance

SR20DET SR20DE SR20 Shim & Guide Tool

Not sure where to put this so if it needs ot be moved LMK.

I have a buddy that runs a machine shop... all the SR20DET & SR20DE Shim tools are no longer avaliable

They are used the measure the thinkness of the shims and guides - if you do not do this properly you will throw the rocker arm and cause serious damage.

There were 2:

1 - The CS tool - that goes into the lifter hole - cool design but sucks if you doing this while the motor is in the car - mainly if your lifters are stuck!

2 - The Kent Moore tool - what Nissan uses(d) - No longer made - no need to remove the lifters - so no need to bleed them unless its needed - I like this tool the best personally but of course its a little more money.

If the need is great enough I plan on making both of these tools - with alot better design and of course to not step on any copyrights as well.

The newly designed #1 tool above will run around - $150.00 shipped in the US with no dial indicator - and if you want a dial indicator your best off buying them new/used as that is what I would be doing.

The newly designed #2 tool above will run around $200.00 shipped in the US with no dial indicator - and if you want a dial indicator your best off buying them new/used as that is what I would be doing.

LMK what you guys think and if you would like one send me a email or post it up on here.

If the need is great enough I can get them running and ready to ship in less than a month.

[email protected]

Return to “SR20DE / SR20VE / SR20DET Forum (front drive)”