SR20det lean problems

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
sebastianwrx
Car: 95 240sx

hi folks i keep getting more, more, and more problems with this car ....as u know my motor was semi built and was broken in properly ...a few nights ago my car wouldnt idle all of the sudden and so i found it was the IACV wire was snap ...so i bought a used good condition IACV with plastic screw and bought a new gasket for it ...everything installed and tighten everything ..plug all the vacuum hose and etc ..but right when i started the car my wideband air fuel ratio was reading at 17.4-18 which its realllly lean ...the old one was reading perfect (idle at 14.7-15.1).....i checked,checked, and checked but couldnt find the solutions for it .....i tought myself its maybe the screw to adjust the idle might be leak so i put some teflon tape and adjust the idle, fpr, everything that i can think off still doesnt fix the problems..the idle seems rough , and when i little rev the car the car stays higher than 1k for a few second than the rpm get down again.....and now what could be the problems??...could be TPS bad, or a huge vacuum leak, or maybe the IACV not good ...please lmk if u have some problems or what should i check first..thank you guys
Bov its recirculated as well and just clean inside the IACV with carb cleaner and still the same

S-ICHISAN
Car: 89 240SX COUPE W SR20DET...

did u check if it has 12v and not lower when car is running

sebastianwrx

anyone can pitch in idea ??...Checked tps. .45V closed throttle, 4.16 WOT..injectors o-ring was check ..so iam really out of clue what could be wrong and have a lean afr ?

sebastianwrx

bump guys ...anyone can pitch in idea

iLLusive240^
Car: Redtop S14 238 whp :D

hey this was happening to me i added an safc because i increased boost and just added fuel at idle that obviously fixed it still have the idle problem

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”