SR20DET ENGINE TUNING DVD (AEM Plug & Play Engine Management System, EMS)

A place to discuss the systems and methods of tuning Nissan engines.
DRIFTING.com

SR20DET ENGINE TUNING DVD (AEM Plug & Play Engine Management System, EMS)

We are scheduling the SR20DET ENGINE TUNING DVD soon so please post your content requests on this thread so we do are best to document it.

Tastyratz
Car: 240sx

I am definitely interested in this dvd. As far as I know there is no dvd for the aem ems so you might be able to market this to a wider audience if you really go over everything.

When do you expect to have it made/done?

I have the aem ems on my ka-t. I am dabbling in doing my own tuning but the aem ems has so many functions and ways to do things that it can be overwhelming if your not factory certified. I am sure there are many shortcuts and ways to tweak things in menu's I never knew existed.

I would love to see a dvd showing start to finish how to tune with the Aem ems street AND Dyno. Show what the engine might sound or feel like if you change a setting too far 1 way or another. Show the things you would notice as an experienced tuner as a visual/audio/feel queue. Its easy to know how the tune "should" work theoretically but only get the connection from book smart to car from hours of tuning.

Make sure its not a basic boring video of adding fuel when the wideband shows it lean, adding timing on the dyno till you stop making power, etc. Show how you go through getting all the extra steps to make it work on the street such as tuning the accel tables, startup enrichments, what injector phasing might feel like, etc. Show common problems with getting a tune running and how you might fix it.

MastaYu
Car: 92 240SX HB SE

I would also be interested in this dvd also.

DRIFTING.com

this DVD will be filmed on Monday

Carl H
Car: 1995 240SX SE RB30DET

this sounds like disaster.there is no 'easy way' to tune ANY ems...and aem is a quick way to blow a motor.hope there is one hell of disclaimer in the intro.

Tastyratz

Nah.Tuning is easy and very basic in nature. Tuning well and tight is something you really only gain through experience and time.

This would be a first hand way to experience live results without having to only feel them through playing.

I am surprised, its been so long I didn't think this would ever come out. Hope filming goes well.

DRIFTING.com

Tastyratz wrote:Nah.Tuning is easy and very basic in nature. Tuning well and tight is something you really only gain through experience and time.

This would be a first hand way to experience live results without having to only feel them through playing.

I am surprised, its been so long I didn't think this would ever come out. Hope filming goes well.
it took some time to schedule this project but we kept busy by producing 3 new DVD's since the Tuning DVD was first announced.

This will be our 12th DVD

DRIFTING.com

the first day of filming was completed, we regroup in about 2-3 weeks

liquid_cool
Car: 1990 240sx ka24de-T swap 8.6:1cr ,duelsprings ,ti retainers,supertech pistons,K1 H-beems balanced internals ect ect.

this interest's me if you guys go indepth..like a beginner to advanced lvl's of tuning on it..and allso point out installation tips and mounting area's would be cool to..like for a couple of diferent modle years..

DRIFTING.com

liquid_cool wrote:this interest's me if you guys go indepth..like a beginner to advanced lvl's of tuning on it..and allso point out installation tips and mounting area's would be cool to..like for a couple of diferent modle years..
advanced tuning will not be covered in the FIRST Tuning DVD

so far we just documented the basics

-Startup-Idle-Fuel Maps (How to adjust)-Timing-Turbo Timer

Please post any SPECIFIC question because we are planning day #2 of filming.

Day #2 would be around Jan 12th.

DRIFTING.com

Day #2 of filming will take place on Friday.Please post your suggestion on this thread

DRIFTING.com

This DVD took 3 days to film.

We have about 2 hours of usable content from today alone.

The content documents how the software is used on the dyno. It is long and continuous but we did not want to cut out material.

how do you feel about this format?

Tastyratz

excellent.This is not something you want to start cutting material for to make it short for any reason. Any content is good content. Dvd blanks are so cheap that if you have so much material just make it a 2 dvd program. A movie is about a persons attention span, but think how many hours of classroom time a class like this would normally include.

I would make sure you set up chapters to make it easier to navigate, and try to include so decent chapter definitions (this one were doing accel fuel, this one were doing timing, etc etc) but that's about it.

DRIFTING.com

1-Thank you, we did NOT want to cut material on the dyno, it would ruin the documentary format of this DVD.

2-Regarding your comment about a 2 DVD program;we plan on doing a 6-8 hour tuning DVD series. This would be Part 1 of 3.

3-The 2 hour dyno section of this DVD is like watching a taped college lecture so this format allows us to provide classroom content to anyone.

Thanks for the feedback.

This DVD was not our idea, we produced this video AFTER several customers had called to request it, so we take content suggestions seriously.

Please continue to post your suggestions.

Battosaii
Car: s14

is this dvd on sale yet i would deff want to buy it

Edit: Never mind i saw it on your website im going to buy it now.

thanks for making these videos and keep up the good work

DRIFTING.com

Battosaii wrote:is this dvd on sale yet i would deff want to buy it

Edit: Never mind i saw it on your website im going to buy it now.

thanks for making these videos and keep up the good work
We are not accepting payments right now but you should add your name to the email list. The DVD should be released within 2-3 weeks.

thanks for appreciating our work

Tastyratz

So this has really dragged in, is it safe to say don't hold your breath?Tuning dvd would have really sold a lot better if it was released earlier. Its may!

240_SeX
Car: 1992 240SX SE

is this available yet??

DRIFTING.com

Tastyratz wrote:So this has really dragged in, is it safe to say don't hold your breath?Tuning dvd would have really sold a lot better if it was released earlier. Its may!
we have to refilm the DVD
Modified by DRIFTING.com at 5:55 PM 7/14/2009

Tastyratz

wow! Too bad on the refilm, I'll keep my eye on this. Is this all you or was aem actually involved?
Modified by Tastyratz at 3:01 AM 7/15/2009

DRIFTING.com

it was announced because we have 2 hours and 30 minutes of content but it was not approved for release

the dyno scene needs to be refilmed using a video capture.
Modified by DRIFTING.com at 6:53 PM 7/14/2009

Carbaughauto

You done with this yet I got a sc61 630hp turbo on a built block too fast to be tuned Im about to get aem but want the video first cause apexi power fc and a maf won't cut it wondering if aem can do it, my maf Maxed out at 20psi and it's dejetro junk Would you sell what u got? Good luck sr20s

DRIFTING.com

Early Copies have been released.http://store.driftingshop.com/pentudvdaplp.html

(3 HOURS +) ENGINE TUNING DVD SERIES (Vol.1) by DRIFTING.comWe are getting calls each day about this DVD series so here are a few answers to our top questions; (PLEASE READ BELOW)

1-What is "documented" in the 2 Disc Set?

-Basic Template Setup-Data Logging to make fuel adjustments-Knock Sensor voltage readings-Introduction to Basic software setup

2-Does this DVD cover theory?NO, this documentary covers some of the basic operations of the AEM EMS Software

3-Disc 1? Disc 2? Vol #1?? I am confused???Vol#1 has 2 Discs (Disc 1 + Disc 2)

4-Is this a manual?NO, this is a documentary that runs for about 3 hours and 30 minutes

5-Why did we produce this DVD?MANY customers who purchased our other titles called and requested that we produce a DVD that documents engine tuning

6-Does this DVD cover everything about tuning?NO, This is JUST Vol #1, which runs for over 3 hours.

To cover most of the general areas we would need to release a few more volumes and the total run time for the series would be around 8 hours.

7-What are your future plans?Our plan is to talk to the customers who purchased to first Volume so we can outline the topics that will be documented in the next DVD.

PhopsonNY

I ordered mine in January and have not got it.
No replies to emails or phone calls...

What is going on here?
Are these guys recommended sellers?

240_SeX
Car: 1992 240SX SE

I'm heading to the dyno as soon as the damn snow melts... It would be nice to watch this first...

PhopsonNY

They Got it to me in the end and they were apologetic and nice about it...

PhopsonNY wrote:I ordered mine in January and have not got it.
No replies to emails or phone calls...

What is going on here?
Are these guys recommended sellers?

Return to “Engine Tuning”