Sr20det Clutch and Flywheel compatibility questions?

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
liveordie72089
Car: 1993 R33 Nissan Skyline Gtst

I blew my engine so ended up buying another s13 Sr20det (blacktop) had a S13 Sr20det (redtop). The car has a Blitz Active Single Disc clutch (came with car) which is still good, but I figured while it is out I mine as well replace the clutch. I am planning on just buying a Spec Stage 3 Sprung clutch, but not sure if I can use the same flywheel if I resurface or not. Ive read on here that it is not really good to swap clutch and flywheel but I just want to get some other opinions on it. I have about 550 for a clutch and can make some for a flywheel. Here is a little bit of mods on the car. Id like to get your ideas on what clutches you like. This car is a DD.

Megan JR Spec Manifold
T28 Journal bearing turbo (S14)
Megan Racing 3" SS Stainless Steel Downpipe
Circuit Sports S13 hotpipe with Welded HKS SSQV Flange
HKS SSQV4 BOV
Blitz LM Air Filter
Greddy Rocker Arm Stoppers
etc.

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

Trying to get some clarity. What do you mean it's not really good to swap the clutch and flywheel? There's nothing wrong with doing that at all. If you're more concerned with S13 blacktop to redtop compatibility, they're the same motor. Even if it was an S14 blacktop, the clutch and flywheel are the same. The only SR that's different is the S15 with it's dual mass flywheel.

liveordie72089
Car: 1993 R33 Nissan Skyline Gtst

Hijacker wrote:Trying to get some clarity. What do you mean it's not really good to swap the clutch and flywheel? There's nothing wrong with doing that at all. If you're more concerned with S13 blacktop to redtop compatibility, they're the same motor. Even if it was an S14 blacktop, the clutch and flywheel are the same. The only SR that's different is the S15 with it's dual mass flywheel.
Thanks for the info. I was more worried about using mix matched parts then anything; like using a ACT clutch with a Spec flywheel. But that doesn't make any sense beings some people on here run Act or Spec clutches with Fidanza flywheels. Do you have any recommendation on clutch/flywheel combos? I am going to be Daily Driving this car and may bring it to the track occasionally but not a lot beings its a daily. I have a price range around 500-650 for a clutch and 300-450 for a flywheel. I would appreciate all the help I can get. Just looking for a clutch that can hold its ground and not have to be replaced every 2 years like I have read about some. Seems like every other website is different about what is best and what lacks in performance. I know I want a sprung clutch. I was thinking ACT NS1-HDSS Street with a ACT Flywheel but not sure.

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

I've always used Exedy clutches. My current is a stage 1 clutch with a fidanza flywheel. exedy clutches are pretty expensive, but well within your price range IMO. I've also had some experience with ACT clutches and have had good results. A friend of mine was running a bushed T28 with an ACT clutch and never complained of slip when he would push it.

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”