sr20de + boost what all do i need to do?

For discussion of front-drive SR20DE, SR20VE and SR20DET engines!
Nate529
Car: Sentra

i have recently purchesed a 1994 sentra xe stock and i have also purchesed a sr20de motor. i am new to the nissans and need some help on what to do. i also what to throw some boost to the sr20 de and dont know what to do any assistants and pointers would be greatly apprecieated.
Modified by Nate529 at 4:10 PM 11/2/2008

nametakennow
Car: '06 MINI Cooper S

Check the Table of Contents thread in my signature and look for Turbocharging the NA SR20DE or something with a similar tag line. There is also a parts list at the top of this forum. There are some differences with your car in terms of wiring for fuel management and fuel injector installation, but an FSM (also linked-to in my signature) should help you clear that up.

Before all that, look for the GA16DE->SR20DE thread in the Table of Contents I mentioned, as you need to do all that first to prepare your XE for an SR swap.

Nate529

thanks a lot for all that information is exatly what i was needing but i do only have one more question. around about how much do you think it is going to cost to do everything necessary to do this swap with boost. the parts that i already have is the wirering, the sr20de ecu, the sr20de motor and trany but thats all.

nametakennow

Depends on how good of a deal you get on the parts and, more importantly, what parts you use. Specifically, what turbo do you plan on using and how much boost do you plan on putting through it?

Nate529

good points. i believe i want to run a t25 turbo and at best 10 pounds of boost. this is going to be my first boosted car and i have heard a great deal about the sr20s and how much power they can perduce with boost. i want to start of small so i figured that 10 pounds would be sufficent anofe starting out, the only thing that really worrys me is the tune, im not sure what to do about the tune. i know that i have to send the sr20de ecu out to be flashed to read like the det ecus and i dont know ware to send it but other than that i dont know what to do.

nametakennow

Jim Wolf Technology can set up the ECU for you. Another option would be a Calum daughterboard. Google for the second option, I'm not sure how you get to those.

You'll probably want a piggyback (SAFCII, for instance) for fine tuning.

10lbs is close to the stock boost of a W11 Avenir T25 turbo (9lbs), so if you want to keep it simple, you may want to see if you can find one of those and just leave the internal wastegate setup for now while you find your boost legs. Since your looking at the possibility of moving up, you may want to consider 50lb/hr injectors. 36lb injectors would do the trick at that low of boost, but beyond 12psi you'd be out of luck.

A USDM highport DE, which is what I assume you have, is worth about 15psi before you need to look at internal work. That'd put you in the 250whp area, for reference. The quick way to do the math is 10whp per PSI, though it obviously isn't that linear and will vary depending on the rest of your setup as well.

Nate529

ok awsome, i appreciate all the information that you have provided to me. i will keep my progress posted on this fourm with pictures. if i do run into any problems or issue i will ask on this fourm if that is ok. thank you

Return to “SR20DE / SR20VE / SR20DET Forum (front drive)”