Sr20 swaps

Discussion forum for the venerable 510, and its non-US counterparts, the Datsun 1600 and Bluebird.
BIGmansM
Car: 97m3, future Datsun 510 owner

I have been reading through the forums alot. i have actually spent more time on a Datsun Specific forum but i like the info here more.

I am trying to find out DETAILS on the sr20 motor swaps. I know lots of people have done it, but i need lots of details such as:

Does the motor bolt right in?what are items that can be purchased to make the swap easier and who do i contact for them?What items need to be fabricated?What are transmission options?

What needs to be done to the front and rear end to get the car to handle properly and handle the power?

these are just to start, im hoping for some detailed pot by knowledgeable users

jrb240
Car: 1992 240sx Coupe-sold, 1995 240sx-sold, 1993 SR Convertible-sold, 1971 240Z-Being awesome

i am selling my sr for a built ka project i want to sell the sr swap with everything but the mafs. the bottom end has less than 100 miles and the top end has 0 miles, it is all brand new including hks stage2 cams, valve springs, new retainers, greddy ras, new rockers, new stem seals, new valves and header. the engine still needs the timing chain installed, and the t-25 has some light compressor wheel damage and i would recommend replacement. the swap will go with 5spd trans. ecu, harness with all unnecessary plugs removed, and i also have a koyo for an sr if you will give me your ka rad. and a lil' cash. WILL NOT PART OUT FULL SWAP ONLY! make offer for all, will sell CHEAP!

PICK UP PREFERRED WILL NOT SHIP UNLESS BUYER PAYS UP FRONT FOR SWAP AND SHIPPING THAT YOU MUST ARRANGE

rgsheffi
Car: 1971 datsun 510

mckinney motorsports sells the mount kit and so does datsport.com they sell all the handling stuff you could need

datsunnismo
Car: 1971 Datsun 510 S14 Sr20det

If you dont mind paying roughly $1500 bucks well the guys at MADDAT are the guys to go to. http://www.maddat.com.au/ go into there fitting kits.

You can do the swap yourself if u have the know how and the equipment. I have done both my 510's my self. One S14 and one S13 SR's. Its not very difficult if u know how to use a tape measure and know how to read wiring diagrams. The hardest part is fitting and wiring the engine, the rest is simple.

Things you would have to modify would be:1. Front crossmember2. custom transmission crossmember3. custom turbo manifold4. custom driveshaft5. custom intercooler, unless you can find one that you want to use. custom if u want it behind the grill.6. transmission tunnel modification to suite the sr20 transmission7. modify the Sr wiring harness to the 510 body harness. Theres prolly a few things i left out but other than that its pretty simple. I think its worth doing your own work, save yourself alot of money but if u want to just swap it in then i would go with a kit.

Return to “Datsun 510 / Bluebird”