SR20 bare minimum wiring needed in engine swap

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
brad91
Car: 180

Hey guys,

I have searched and searched the internet trying to find help and I can find plenty of info on swaps and this and that but no one that has said you need to connect power to here here and here for it to run. I can find plenty listing pin outs and plug layouts but nothing stating exactly where to connect.

Anyway, I have a SR20DET loom and ecu. I am trying to fit this to an e30 bmw completely standalone to the existing car wiring (will put in a new fuse box and relays etc). Can anyone PLEASE help me get this running? It is doing my head in. I have been screwing around with wiring for 12 months now and still cant get it to run (its a CA18 engine, ive fu**ed the CA loom trying, tried megasquirt, now trying SR with a power fc with all sr plugs and sensors fitted to the CA)

the F10 and F8 plugs. What needs power? Where do I have to connect to earth, trying to bench test this do I need to have all the relays or can I power up the ECCS points without it? Is the earth wires only the 2/3 rings near the inlet plenum or is there more I need to earth to get power?

I have swapped over the CAS so far (pins are identical so that should be fine), I have plugged in an injector and have power to one side but not the other so it wont power up the other side of the injector to close it. I havnt tried hooking up the coilpacks yet. One thing at a time. Do i have to have things like the AFM and TPS plugged in or should I be able to bench test the loom without this?

Hopefully someone can give a step by step 'this is where you supply power to, this is where you supply earth to, put a fuse here etc etc' set of instructions instead of heres the pinout, heres the plugs now figure it out.

Sorry if it sounds a bit abrupt its doing my head in and im seriously starting to have a mental break down over this car!!!!!

Cheers
Brad

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”