SR with Z32 MAF; tuning?

A place to discuss the systems and methods of tuning Nissan engines.
JKon13
Car: 1993 Red Nissan 240SX Fastback SR'd

I definatly plan on getting an Enthalpy ECU, however right now ive got the Z32 since i couldnt find any SR MAFs and a SAFC-II. Now i was looking around trying to get as much info as possible and came across someone saying that a wideband o2 was "required" along with the SAFC-II to run the MAF without ECU tuning. Now right now at this point im just looking to getting my car started and running, not too too concerened with how well its going to run yet. Now, to get it running decently, is that wideband statement true? Im just kinda pressed on a time frame and need to get it running and out of the garage. Thanks for your help.

Sorry for reposting on this forum but i figured this would be a better place to get an answer since its engine specific and a bit more of a concentrated forum than just the general 240SX/Silvia Forum. Again, sorry for the repost.

240TweakerNewbee
Car: 1989 Nissan 240SX

I would just run stock till you find a dyno with wideband to help you get the right Air/Fuel ratio like 12:1... Don’t go any higher unless you’re running 100 octane.

It’s always better to run to rich than too lean. Too lean and you will have all kinds of power till you melt a piston.

I was lucky; when I ran mine way lean on accident, I only blew a spark plug (the ceramic coating broke and stopped sparking in that cylinder) it was still scary though, I thought I did worse, and probably took a few miles off the reliability of the engine nonetheless.

Return to “Engine Tuning”