Sr swap w/ auto to manual

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
89sxRCR
Car: destroying self esteem

Heyy all

I got a great condition 89 s13, however its a mother f$#%ing auto. When i do the sr swap, the motor comes with a 5 speed, so ill be forced (in a good way) to convert it. Id have to buy a clutch, shifter (w boot), pedal set all that obvious stuff. However, where do i buy all the other stuff i need? i e flywheel ,crankshaft, bolts, lines, sensors... i chekced all the pick n pull salvage yards nooones got an s13 240, or even a 240 for that matter. If dauntless reads this, is it possible for me just to buy all this other stuff from you when i buy my sr and u just ship it to me, so i can have a shop install it? (i dont wanto f*@# it up) Also whats that do the "$4000" general sr swap price, does it push it up to 5 g's or what. any help at all thanks!

Daunttless

I unfortunately will not be sourcing parts for the auto => manual swap.

I would suggest using the online parts traders and junkyard searches to find parts around the country. Theres really no good way to do it unless you know someone with a manual parts car, you may try eBay and then put your auto in the parts car or what not. Or if thats too much work just do the junkyard searches. Its fairly easy, just go to lycos and search for junkyards, or go to http://www.partstrader.com and put up an ad.

I'd say have at least 600 devoted to parts, chances are you won't spend that, but its always good to be safe.

89sxRCR

Thanks Dauntless Would it be easier to just switch it out with a auto Sr20det? It would be a bit slower than a manual but with enough hp and adjusting auto is actually faster at the drag... Do you sell auto trannies with your Srs, Dauntless?

SpeedRacer1
Car: 1990 240SX, G35

Wheres the fun in an AUTO sr20? I dont think i'll ever drive another AUTO again, or at least till im 80. But anyway the swap isnt too expensive (under 1000) you might be able to find a kit someone is selling online (ebay) take this time to buy some aftermarket tranny parts so you dont have to waste time later.

SpeedFreak

I am doing the same thing for my 95 240. The parts are not that much. I bought everything for 190 bucks. That was everything. I have a hook up at the local Nissan store cause I worked there for a couple years selling them.

89sxRCR

wouldnt happen to spread the hookup, would ya? :thinker

Ace
Car: S14

Just keep looking at local import wrecking yards I got a quote from one place that said it would cost about 160 bucks for the parts needed.:D

89sxRCR

did u just rip off the sensors (ie for reverse) or did they just come with your salvaged trannie

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”