SR stalling and no power

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
adstudio3d
Car: s13coupe, s13hatch

I've searched but could use some help.

My SR has been running like crap. There are 2 problems that I know about.

My setup:Blacktop SR, FMIC, Stock T25, Turbo XS BOV (Recirculated), walbro fuel pump, koyo rad, ect...

1. When slowing down, then drop into neutral to stop the car stalls sometimes.I've searched, I just wanted to make sure I checked everything that could cause this.- Tighten the bolt on the BOV- Check FMIC piping, clamps, and couplers- Check the sensor under the intake manifold and on the throttle- PCV valve?- Fuel filterAm I missing anything?

2. The new problem I just noticed. The car bogs and is running rich. If I accelerate slow there doesnt seem to be a problem, but if I punch it or hit boost, the motor revs like normal and sounds normal but theres no power. I'm thinking that the piping after the bov has a leak since the bov goes off like normal after letting off the throttle.

There is also oil getting spit out of the BOV (btw it is recirculated), and there is a little drip of oil coming out of the coupler on the turbo outlet.

Any ideas? Possibilities? I had a couple friends that own a shop do the swap for me since I have no garage, but I've just been having problems with it since... I just want to get my car running the way it should.

Any help would be appreciated.

adstudio3d

Nobody???

goj_cloud

well you said there was oil shooting out the bov and the coupler on the turbo, it said like a blown oil seal on the turbo you could either get it rebult or buy a new one

adstudio3d

could it be anything else besides the turbo seal being blown that would cause oil to spit out the bov, and drip out the turbo outlet coupler?
Modified by adstudio3d at 12:53 PM 4/25/2007

BRADYNS240SX
Car: 1989 240SX SR20 SWAP

Interesting...I am having similar problems. Just changed all my coil packs and ignitor and that seemed to take care of the power loss. However I am still having the stalling issue when coming toa complete stop as well. (Only does it when I get on it and come to a stop) I was up at the track last night and someone told me it was my BOV. I have a Greddy BOV. They said it has a tendency to stay open a little bit which causes a vaccum leak. I was wanting to find out some other opinions before I purchase HKS BOV which is what they recommended.

mi90240sx

Was having studdering or missing underboost and back firing when slowing down. At idle vacuum was at 19-20 so leak was out,I could hear the BOV recirculating and boost was good so I knew turbo and BOV was working. Plugs gapped at 29, I ran RPM's to 1200 and set timing at fifteen degrees(second notch from right on harmonic balancer scale), then returned the idel to 850 RPM. Bought a new coil pack, started with number 1 cylinder, drove it, if was doing the same. Put old coil pack in and put new one in number 2 cylinder, drove it and problem was gone and it didn't backfire when slowing or deceleration Check what's working which is a lot easier then you will find out what not working, also go ahead and have an extra coil pack handy this is the second one I have replaced.

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”