sr set up tuning question dont know what to go with help..

A place to discuss the systems and methods of tuning Nissan engines.
mxkilla450

s13 red top with bc 264/264 cams ,t28 turbo,550cc injectors. thats the set up i have its not on the car yet but i was wondering what would be a good tuning unit /application w/e you want to call it . my friend gave me an apexi safc2 is that good to tune it ? not sure any answers are appreciated. and yes i did search but i just wanted to get the opinion of people with the same or similar set up that i have.

david200095367
Car: 91 fastback 93 coupe w/s14 sr20det 98 s14 kouki

im using apexi power fc djetro (map sensor) and its working great. I heard the safc was bad because you cant control timing.

domiballa
Car: 1993 s13 hatch

romtune bro.. enthalpy tunes are like 400$ and you get quality.. romtune all the way

S14toRPS13

Stand alones are expensive, mail order rom tunes are hit and miss type deals and piggy back fuel controllers are just garbage. Have you heard of Nistune. It's a board added to your ecu and it allows your ecu to be tuned just like a full stand alone sytem. A local tuning shop to me(when I was in WA) offers the board, the install, and dyno tuning all for $850. I'd look around to see if you guys have anything like that in your area. If not then your probably stuck with mail order tunes. Your car will run with mail order rom tunes, but the tune won't be specific to your car. Whatever you go with though, your tune will only be as good as the tuner.

Return to “Engine Tuning”