SR S14 build

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
Jake The Snake
Car: S14 SR20DET

Hey guys. This is my 2nd S14. I used to have an account on here but couldn't remember the password or username. I live in Springfield, MO. I guess this will be my intro and build thread!

How it was the way I bought it: S14 with an S14 SR20DET. 300zx brakes, R33 seats, Circuit shifter, Kosei K1 wheels, 5zigen exhaust, Greddy turbo timer, 3 one inch spacers and one inch and a third for some reason (also wrong thread lug nuts), pulsing idle, and only making 5 psi. Broken narrow band. Boost gauge hooked up on the boost solenoid line. Terrible side skirts molded in very badly. Turbo XS BOV

Jake The Snake

First thing I did was get that corner and a drift button just for fun

Put in a new auto meter boost gauge and moved it to read off the fuel pressure regulator.

Got rid of this mess in the process

Drift button on and my friend gave me a carbon fiber shift knob from his HR 350Z

Picked up this trashed lip for $10

Another of the lip. I like the fitment on that wheel with the bigger spacer so i took off all the spacers and ordered a full set of 32mm spacers

New shift boot

AEM Wideband in

Previous owner knocked off like a foot of exhaust pipe under the back seat so I'm having a shop take the giant rice pipe off the back and do something like this

Did a ton of wet sanding and buffing
Before

After

Jake The Snake

Sooooo no one has said anything on here but that's ok haha. Fixed the pulsing idle problem. It only happened once the car was warm so I replaced the water temp sensor that goes to the ecu not dash. Took a thin walled 19 deep socket, just incase anyone else has that problem. Did a boost leak test with my air compressor and couldn't find any so I'm guessing my waste gate is bad. Seems like everyone with a bad waste gate is only making 5 psi just like me. Going to order one of those HKS adjustable ones soon. Got a new set of spacers because the previous owner had 3 different sized spacers on it. Tires rub the fenders real bad now but I'm getting them rolled asap. Going to throw a little camber in and pull the fenders some once I get coil overs. Here are a couple pics.

Rear now

Front

Borrowed this from Zhookup, a local tuner shop. They're great guys and have helped me out a lot lately.

How she's sitting right now. Needs coil overs soon

pepesilvia
Car: 96 S14

Zenki pride! whatsup :bigthumb:

Jake The Snake

pepesilvia wrote:Zenki pride! whatsup :bigthumb:
Big fan of the zenki's. I have a kouki motor though haha

Checked out your build thread and it looks pretty neat. Keep it up man!

pepesilvia

Jake The Snake wrote:
pepesilvia wrote:Zenki pride! whatsup :bigthumb:
Big fan of the zenki's. I have a kouki motor though haha

Checked out your build thread and it looks pretty neat. Keep it up man!
Thanks dude. love the color of yur car, makes me wanna paint mine :yesnod

Jake The Snake

pepesilvia wrote:Thanks dude. love the color of yur car, makes me wanna paint mine :yesnod
Thanks man! Get that stuff painted! Love your tail lights by the way.

The power steering on my car was disconnected by the previous owner because of a leaky fluid resi. So I had a friend up in Michigan send me an extra he had laying around. (Very nice of him, he's awesome) And I got a belt for the pulley. Should be hooking that all up soon. Hopefully it goes smoothly. Wired up the wide band but haven't had my exhaust done yet so no bung welded in. BUT, it turns on now.

Moved it from the driveway into the street because my room mate is picking up an XJ jeep today and needs to put a motor in it this weekend.

My S14 next to his E36 M3 (Sorry for how dirty they are)

My buddies lowered CTS-V next to my daily driver jeep ZJ

300zx wheels that came with the car. Going to paint them bright colors and use them as a drift set.

That's all for now. Just an update while I'm on a break from work. Power steering should be hooked up soon. Exhaust and A/F to come. Adjustable waste gate, coil overs, and a front mount in the works. Stay posted!

jusadsoy
Car: 1993 240sx coupe - stock - ka24de

i like it! and i made my own boost leak tester for my 91 tt 300zx by grinding down a training wheel from the neighbors kids bike and used a bunch of random fittings and hoses from around my shop, everyone thought it was pretty hilarious... :)

Jake The Snake

jusadsoy wrote:i like it! and i made my own boost leak tester for my 91 tt 300zx by grinding down a training wheel from the neighbors kids bike and used a bunch of random fittings and hoses from around my shop, everyone thought it was pretty hilarious... :)
Haha that's pretty funny man. Whatever works!

Got some used HKS Hipermax's off ebay today. Going to have to make some ramps because I already can't fit a jack under the car.

KYB AGX shocks with Eibach springs will be for sale soon if anyone is interested. Fuel filter should get changed out today if I can get the motivation to go do it.

Pulled a jeep motor at the junkyard this morning so I'm a little tired of working on cars for the day.

Jake The Snake

Well, the jeep motor we pulled at the junkyard had a valve kissing the piston from jumping timing. We were really stupid and didn't turn the crank until after it was out...

Anyway, 240 stuff.

Made some little ramps because I can't fit a jack under the front anywhere. Changed the oil and it was naaaaasty. Completely black. Oil filter had a date on it from way too long ago. Also rolled the rear fenders because they were tearing the crap out of my tires when I would hit a bump.

What do you all do about getting into semi steep driveways? I was considering building longer ramps to get into mine. It already scrapes and I've got coil overs on the way so it'll be impossible at that point.

Took this pic of my daily today, thought it was kinda cool. Anyone here into jeeps?

Jake The Snake

Got the car registered today! Feels good to drive without worrying I'll get pulled over for no plates. Still no power steering but the parts should be here this weekend and I'll get it all hooked up Monday. Coil overs will be here Tuesday and I'll get those on and hopefully some good pics. I live in Springfield, MO and downtown there is a lot of "street art" on buildings so I may try a little photo shoot with it!

Excited for this junk.

pepesilvia

power steering is a PITA to mess with. Good luck though!

Jake The Snake

pepesilvia wrote:power steering is a PITA to mess with. Good luck though!
Just looking at it doesn't seem too bad. But I'm not looking forward to it haha.

Ordered an HKS adjustable waste gate actuator yesterday. I am actually looking forward to putting that in and getting more boosts.

Jake The Snake

Got my coil overs today
Got the two fronts on but one of the collars is frozen... So I'm soaking it in PB Blaster right now hoping I can adjust it down tomorrow.

Jake The Snake

Also went by zhookup again and hung out for a while. Lots of cool stuff there. A couple other s14's with SR's. Picked up these purple stickers.

Jake The Snake

Got this in the mail today! I really have to stop spending money on this car right now but made a deal with a local guy to get his ash tray door, rear strut tower brace, and a aftermarket steering wheel (forgot the brand but it was sparco or nardi or something) with a quick release. Picking those up monday

Jake The Snake

Alrighty, got the new waste gate on the car today. Just a little wright up just incase anyone does this, has problems, and searches.

Take turbo heat shield off
Take innercooler neck off turbo
Take intake neck off turbo
Unclip the shaft of the waste gate actuator from the turbo
Unbolt and remove old waste gate
Install new waste gate bracket and actuator

Car is running at 9psi now because apparently I didn't adjust it exactly to the old length. I'm going to leave it for now and once my exhaust and o2 sensor bung is done on the 23rd I can turn the boost up while watching my a/f levels. Shooting for 12psi

Plans for tomorrow are to fix the power steering but we will see how that goes. Still need to lower the front passenger coil over and install the rears. Also going to pick up that rear strut tower brace and steering wheel. Probably going to wait to put the wheel on until after power steering so I don't ruin it gripping it so hard while trying to turn.

Jake The Snake

Picked up the ash tray door and put it in. Happy to have a full interior now

Steering wheel too. It was a Momo, not sparco. I still like it a lot. May see if any shop around here can anodize the spokes of it purple.

PercieBlaze
Car: 1991 240sx hatchback se. zenki front.

im not always in to 14s, but this one i like. in for updates.

Jake The Snake

PercieBlaze wrote:im not always in to 14s, but this one i like. in for updates.
Thanks man!

I've got some big plans for this car. I'm not sure how long it'll take though. Rocket bunny wing and rear fenders. Image

Work Meister clones made by varrstoen. The es6

Also, my friend and I just worked together to make brackets allowing us to put CTS-V brake calipers with a 350z track rotor on 240's. So that's in the works for my car too. If anyone has any questions on this or would like to buy a set of brackets just message me.

Jake The Snake

This is the difference between the stock brake setup, 300zx, and the CTS-V.

Jake The Snake

New apexi air filter in

My friend and I also got in our prototype of the brackets for CTS-V brake calipers. Annnnnnnnd they worked!

I have a FMIC on the way and the car is at a local fabrication shop having an exhaust made. They're doing a down pipe back 3.5" straight pipe. Should be back tomorrow and I'll post pics/exhaust videos

PercieBlaze
Car: 1991 240sx hatchback se. zenki front.

this is gonna be so sick when its all done. cant wait. love rocket bunny stuff.

Jake The Snake

PercieBlaze wrote:this is gonna be so sick when its all done. cant wait. love rocket bunny stuff.
Rocket bunny junk is sweeeeet. It'll be a while but I'm excited for it too.

Car was supposed to be back with an exhaust today but never got a call on it... Was supposed to race it at the strip Sunday but it doesn't look like that's going to happen now.

ukario
Car: 1993 240sx-ka24de(t)

Nice build man i love the bracket for the brake caliper, s*** will look nice when completed. i might take you up on one of those for my build just need to swap to 5 lug first FML.

Jake The Snake

ukario wrote:Nice build man i love the bracket for the brake caliper, s*** will look nice when completed. i might take you up on one of those for my build just need to swap to 5 lug first FML.
Thanks man! If you ever decide you need one you can email me at chipps91@yahoo.com and we can get you hooked up.

My intercooler came in today

Also picked the car up from the local speed shop. 417 Motorsports. It cost a little more than I was expecting but I guess that's what comes with quality work.

Sounds a million times better and the car won't smell like gas all the time now. Also have the wide band all the way hooked up now so I'm going to do a few pulls and check the A/F, see if I can turn up the boost a little.

Jake The Snake

Another exhaust pic and video

xQsixx
Car: 1995 Nissan 240sx

Bump for update?

Jake The Snake

xQsixx wrote:Bump for update?
Hey fellas. Sorry I haven't updated in a while. Nothing has been done to the car lately because of bad weather, work, and procrastination. I did take this picture though
The brake caliper brackets I designed came in as a final model.

And on my friends s13 coupe. It has an LS1 in it.

Shot from the roof with my friends lighting

Jake The Snake

Got my battery relocate in the mail today so I put that on.

Went mudding in the jeep a few days ago. Went on a ride with the fixie yesterday. Good times.

Return to “240sx General Discussion”