2011 Nissan Rogue SV (AWD) 127,000 miles.
My car lately started to make some squealing/squeaking noise which drives me crazy.
1. It makes noise only in drive with acceleration
2. I excluded a drive belt / pulleys by depressing a gas pedal in parking, spraying water on the belt. I can't hear any noise. This car has an electrical power steering, so from my understanding, there are no parts driven by the drive belt that can cause this noise while driving, but I might be wrong.
3. I excluded any medical issues by using ear plugs
4. There is no noise when driving in reverse with acceleration or deceleration (turning or straight)
5. A drive shaft has some free play on both ends and I do not know if it is normal or not for this particular model
What was done recently:
A front left (driver side) CV axle and a lower control arm
Drained/filled CVT fluid
All brakes have been serviced
In the local shop I was told that this noise could be produced by the A/C, but I do not believe that this is true, because it makes this noise with A/C turned off and only when driving. They charged me $70 for nothing. Others say that it might be a humidity to blame.
This car is not bad but considering that all front CV axles, a lower control arm, rear shocks have been already replaced, it doesn't seem to last long. Ball joints, u-joints are not serviceable which makes this car too expensive to maintain.
But anyway, guys, what could cause this kind of noise?