Squeaky steering

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
shavimusha
Car: 2008 NISSAN ROUGE SL AWD / 1998 NISSAN MAXIMA GXE

I only heave 6000 miles on rouge and when turning steering wheels makes such horrible noise it makes me want to jump out of car ! And when reading warranty info. It says that warranty does not cover any squeaks or noises ! I am going to pass by dealer and see if they would fix this problem under warranty .

pedror
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD

You should have an initial 1 year "adjustment period" where things like squeaks and rattles are addressed, so something like this should definitely be covered by your dealer.

albertwang16

I'm with you, I started hearing that about a month ago. It happens most when I turn the wheel clockwise fast like doing a U turn or parking. haven't had a chance to bring it in. mind you post updates of what the dealer says. Thank you.

DCAB136
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

I brought my Rogue into the dealer yesterday to have them check out the noisy steering. Turns out, they had to open up the steering column and lubricate something...I didn't get a chance to specifically ask what. Anyways, the noise is gone! Amazing how something so annoying can be fixed by something so small.

shavimusha
Car: 2008 NISSAN ROUGE SL AWD / 1998 NISSAN MAXIMA GXE

I just had my 3rd service visit to dealer and they fixed this problem as they told me there is some part in steering assembly witch needs to be lubricated its under warranty and they did not charged my for doing this service so problem solved

kaptainkurj
Car: NISSAN ROGUE

I just got my car repaired and the steering wheel clicks whenever i turnwhats the problem.

Also, just wanted to see:

is the bottom part of the wheel where it says srs airbad pushed in and aligned with the wheel or does it stick out a little so you can press ???

CAN YOU POST A PIC OF YOUR STEERING WHEEL FROM AN ANGLE to show

TECHLINE08
Car: RB S14

the part that was probably lubed was a dust boot on the bottom of the shaft

Return to “Rogue Forum”