Squeaky Dash in cold weather

The web's first forum dedicated to the Nissan Juke and the Nissan Qazana.
GRey1
Car: 2015 Gun Metallic SL AWD w/Tech
2011 Chrome Nissan Juke SV CVT-AWD

Looks like some Jukes may have an issue with dash squeaks in really cold weather. Mine had one from the center of the dash when it was warm, but didn't happen all the time. Then when it got cold the one in the middle stopped and the driver's side A-pillar started making noise at every combination of bumps (annoying). Last week the middle dash noise came back and was more of a Popping noise than a squeak. Well, I took it in Friday and they added some insulation under the cowl below where the wiper blades sit and some in the A-pillar. The center dash (guess it wasn't the dash) popping is gone. The A-pillar is still squeaking, but it is greatly reduced (not nearly as annoying). I will be taking it back for the A-pillar again at my next oil change.

white midori
Car: Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 6M

i had the same issue, when you driving , the sound seem came from inside between the dash and windshield but after spray the W-40 (not that much) along between the metal shield and front windshield from outside of the car and wait for a little while ,the sound gone...you can try ...

PS: got this trick from other form.

GRey1

Yeah, but WD-40 smells funky. They fixed that noise. I just have to go back for the A-pillar.

srellim234
Car: 2007 silver Versa SL
hatchback w/CVT
(sold 08/2011)
2008 red Toyota Prius
(purchased 04/2016)

Looks like Nissan needs to do something about either the designers or assemblers of dashes for their small cars. That's been a fairly common complaint among Versa owners for 3 1/2 years on this forum.

GRey1

Guess they don't have bumps in Japan.

Return to “Juke Forum | Qazana Forum”