squeaking noise from the back at low speed

A forum for the Nissan Armada, Infiniti QX56, and beginning in 2014, the Infiniti QX80
2005QX56

Hi,At low speed of 30-40mph, I'm hearing a squeaking noise from the rear of the car. I cannot pin point the actual location. Anyone here has this problem with their Armada or QX56 ?

This squeaking noise is like the noise when you travel on the bus when it making a turn...

Any info or resolution will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,Anthony

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

2005QX56 wrote:Hi,At low speed of 30-40mph, I'm hearing a squeaking noise from the rear of the car. I cannot pin point the actual location. Anyone here has this problem with their Armada or QX56 ?

This squeaking noise is like the noise when you travel on the bus when it making a turn...

Any info or resolution will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,Anthony
I had possibly the same problem on my '08 Armada. It turned out that the piston arm for the lift gate needed to be replaced and there was also a clip that was not all the way locked into position on the back hatch. Let me know what you find out!!!

2005QX56

Hi Timmbo,The mechanic at the dealership has identified the problem. It was the bushing on the hatch thats making the noise. They have ordered the parts and will be installed next week.

Not sure if they are replacing the arms or just the bushing.

I will update you guys later.

Thanks,Anthony

Return to “Armada Forum / QX56 Forum / QX80 Forum”