sputtering problem

1980-1986 Datsun 720 forums. All 720-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
94fordman
Car: 86 nissan 720

i was coming off hiway the other day and rpm stayed up by1500 and wouldent come down checked vacume hoses while i checked those their were things in lines a silver ball and what apperd to be jets and also using lots of gas

seang
Car: Ford Fiesta ST

I'm not sure exactly what your problem is right this second, but it is bad to run an engine too rich. Excessively rich conditions washes the oil off the cylinder walls. A silver ball in the vacuum lines? IDK man, you got me there. I had a high idle problem before on my z24i, but the idle screw was so oxidized into the throttle body that it wouldn't turn no matter what. Has your truck just started this out of nowhere?

94fordman
Car: 86 nissan 720

how do i get it to not run rich.yes out of the blue replaced lots of vacume linepst pics of things found in lines and where they came frome soon got it to stop sputtering but still has high ide and does sputter alot.

breadbox
Car: Red 89 240sx,Black 89 Koop, White 84 720 4x4KC

There are two adjustment screws I think one you want maybe on the left side of the carb.

PEZi
Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX Mitsubishi Racing Edition

if it has the 'electro carb' it may not have adjusting screws... it may be run by the ecu.... in which case there may be a short somewhere

the silver balls are the equivalent of deleting and capping the vac lines without actually removing them in case you need them for some reason (like smog)

Return to “Datsun 720”