Springs/shocks or coil-overs?

The Nissan 300ZX (Z32) general community discussion forum
frldyz
Car: '93 300ZX TT

93 TT Z.
18" wheels.

Would like to lower a little.
I know in the past Eibach made a .80" drop.

But that has been discontinued. All I can find now is Tein and Manzo.

Would coil-overs be a suitable alternative to the Eibach spring/shock?
I ask because Tein has 2 springs they sell.
S Tech: Frnot 1.38" Rear .83" Way too much drop in the front for me.
H Tech: Front .79" Rear: .24" - Not enough drop in the rear.

The other brands Manzo etc.. again the drop was over 1". I think 1.5"

Are coil-overs an alternative for me? My understanding is with the coil-overs I can adjust the height drop. If I want to do a .8" drop in the front and back I can.

But I spoke with either Specialty Z or Z1 and they advised against coil-overs unless I was going to do any racing.

No racing. Just casual spring/summer driving.

NolimitZ32
Car: 91 AG2 2+0 TTMT swap/E39 BMW 540i6/E53 4.6is Dinan S3

I'd have to echo what Z1 and SZ told you, beyond not needing the infinite adjustability you'll end up spending more on the coil-overs than on a set of springs and shocks. Were either of those two vendors unable to recommend a set of springs other than the Tiens? I know that CZP has Megan Racing springs available but those are 2" drop all around. you can always look at getting custom springs made, there are more than a few companies that do that.

frldyz
Car: '93 300ZX TT

NolimitZ32 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:11 am
I'd have to echo what Z1 and SZ told you, beyond not needing the infinite adjustability you'll end up spending more on the coil-overs than on a set of springs and shocks. Were either of those two vendors unable to recommend a set of springs other than the Tiens? I know that CZP has Megan Racing springs available but those are 2" drop all around. you can always look at getting custom springs made, there are more than a few companies that do that.

Yes S-tech and H-tech are available.
The S-tech are F 1.38”. R .83.
Rear is good. Front way to low.
H-tech F .79”. R .24”
Fronts look good. But back is still to high.

Someone had mention I look at Ground Controls coilover conversion kit. Never heard of them or a “ conversion kit”.
Looks like it comes with some Red Eibach springs and you choice the shock.

I contacted them for more info.
Someone said this way I still have Eibach springs and can choose my height and adjust my shocks

Sounds like a full coilover to me.
I don’t know what kind of drop the Eibachs give. They are much shorter then the old pro’s that were .80”.

Return to “300ZX (Z32) General”