Spread Some Knowledge On DIY Rom Tuning

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
SiDwAyZ240
Car: 95' SR Slayer, '02 LT Tahoe, '03 Chev Express is the DD

What's up fellas, just wanted to see if anyone has some knowlege on some DIY stuff. I up to my usual, trying to find a cheap way to do something. This time I looking in to the cheapest way to tune accurately with learning some hands on during the process. I may have a way to get a burned chip customed tuned to what I need but I'm not sure how I could add the chip to my stock ecu. I know there are some "daughter boards" or something that allow for rom chips that use calumsult, or nistune but those require you to build the ecu and then program from scratch. Will these "daughter boards" allow for the installation of a pre-programmed chip that would allow me to use my stock ecu? Can u just replace a chip in the stock ecu with a burned one?

Thrust into the subject cause I didn't research my project enough and didn't realize my emanage isn't going to be able to control the injectors I want (too large) and now trying to get something else together. The main reason being that most of the tuned ECU's on the pre-owned market are S13 so I would need a conversion harness which is another $175. By the time you factor ECU + New Tune + Conversion harness I'm starting to creap to the investment of a Emanage Ultimate or AEM unit. Would be great to just pop a programmed chip into my stock ecu. :naughty:

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”