Sports Mode stuck on help!

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
GoneRogue24
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue Select

2014 Rogue Select my sports mode light is on and won’t go off when I push the button what do I do to get it to go off and resume normal driving. I have tried disconnecting the battery for like 6 hrs reconnected it and it’s still on every time when I start the car

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

The Sport Mode Switch is a grounding setup, the cluster has a pullup resistor to provide voltage and the button overpowers the pullup when pressed, pulling the data wire to ground. Sport Mode is supposed to cancel when the car is shut off, so that means you have a switch or wire that's shorted to ground or a bad instrument cluster. To find out, you'll need to get at the back of the switch. There are 4 wires, you're only concerned with the Blue one. First, disconnect the switch with the car off and then start the car. If the SM indicator goes out with the switch disconnected, you have a bad switch. If that doesn't help, measure voltage between the Blue wire and a good body ground with the key on. If that reads voltage (could be 12V or 5V) then you have a bad instrument cluster, if it reads 0V then you have a shorted wire somewhere between the cluster and the console.

GoneRogue24
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue Select

Ok I’ll try this because I searched google and found no resolutions. I’m like someone has to know something

Return to “Rogue Forum”