Sport Mode on Infiniti JX35

Discussion forum for the Infiniti JX35 / Infiniti QX60 - This 7-seat premium crossover dominates the class.
Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

Anyone drive with the JX in sport mode for a length of time? Just curious what kind of gas mileage is achieved using sport mode.

Maiden England
Car: JX35

Having taken the JX home finally last Thursday after a lengthy battle with the dealership, I've wondered the same. I plan to go each of the next 3 weeks in Eco, Normal, and Sport modes and compare the gas mileage.

Timmbo

Just got mine this afternoon!!!

Timmbo

First impressions...........

This thing is AWESOME! I love all the technology features! There are so many nice little features that you get on the Infiniti models that are not on the Nissans. The leather is such a higher quality along with a much nicer quality interior all around.

Driving is so smooth and EXTREMELY quiet! I can't believe how silent the outside world is when driving! The JX handles so well, my wife drives a G37, and that thing is fast and tight, but boy this JX is nice. I loved my Armada, but this brings pampering to a whole new level!

I did briefly try out the "Sport" mode, it really does shift like an automatic, pretty interesting and it does see to help the acceleration when in Sport.

jcao

I have been on sport mode for a month, surprisingly got better millage than standard. It was a bit less than 18mpg on standard mode, got almost 19mpg on sport mode!! After I drove on sport mode, I can't go back to the unresponsive standard mode any more, I gave up ECO mode in one day.

jcao

forgot to mention that I most drive in city and up down hill

Timmbo

jcao wrote:forgot to mention that I most drive in city and up down hill
Question is, how many miles do you have on it?

I have experienced a little better MPG with ECO mode, but not to the point that I feel it is worth leaving it in ECO. I do like using ECO when I have the cruise on, mainly because it doesn't try to accelerate so abruptly when needed.

I have not used sport mode much, mainly because of all of the snow and ice living here in WI. I will certainly play more with that mode come summer time, but I am impressed with the performance of the Standard mode, shifts perfectly, nice and smoth, and does not hang at high RPMS.

jcao

I drive 30 miles a day in city, I don't really drive jx35 like sport car in sport mode, just feel the car moves more prompt in sport mode.

Fezzik
Car: 2010 G37 Vert w/ stage 1 GTM supercharger

I drive the JX everyday and I have a heavy foot. 1/2 city driving and 1/2 interstate at 80mph. I get 17mpg. But I have a really heavy foot for acceleration :)

Return to “Infiniti JX35 / QX60 Forum”