Spools RB34DET Monster Engine dyno results

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
archaeicbloke
Car: Skyline GTR

Spool Imports recently announced their RB34 motor, which they have been perfecting for quite some time as I understand it. They've finally managed to get one into a car, and get it on the dyno. The full story of how they build it, and a video of the start up is here: http://tinyurl.com/5wlkfwf

I'm just wondering though... considering the cost $5500 AUD, do you guys think its worth it? here's their dyno graphs:

Anybody out there already own one of these by any chance?

what about that old mantra, "theres no replacement for displacement"... I always thought that Nissan sorta proved that to not be true with the twin turbo RB26, capable of massive power on a relatively small 2.6L engine. compared to V8's... what do you guys think of it?

Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

I hear that a lot back in the U.S. where I am from. My response is always the same.

"Yes there, it's called forced induction."

Then I explain how my 2.6L twin turbo makes more horsepower stock than most 5.0L V8 Mustangs of the Fox body era.

Then I tell them that with a little bit of a boost increase, free flowing turbo back exhaust and a computer tune, they are at early model C5 Corvette horsepower.

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

I remember many years ago encountering a particularly mouthy Mustang owner.
"You have a turbo? My five-o has a blower"
"Cool" I said. I'm no hater.
"what you pushing for boost? I'm running 8 pounds."
At the time that was decent, I wasn't clowning on him when I said "16 pounds."
He was a little dumbfounded so I took him for a ride. Even my L20ET made him a believer, no doubt an RB26DETT would even more.

The engine in this thread doesn't impress me. Of course that is very powerful, but when guys are and have been for a long time squeezing as much out of stock displacement RB26s, I wonder why so little from a 3.4.

afb312

Hi,
As fa as I know the RB25 headed RB34 stroker is a street based motor. The aim appearsto be to show the effect of just displacement increase. A mild 610 awhp.

There is now a much wilder example...
9000 rpm, 34psi, 83mm turbo and 1070awhp
http://www.spoolimports.com/spool-strok ... -crank-kit

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”