splicing connectors?

Post all your Nissan electronics, car audio and stereo questions here!
astron

How difficult is it to splice an antenna plug on a nissan? My friend's altima's plug is mangled (p/o had aftermarket sterio, obviously ripped it out before selling) we need to replace it...can i solder a new one on reasonably easily? we've found adapters with the correct plug needed for 10 bucks....Would we be better off soldering a generic plug on and buying an aftermarket sterio? (i loaned him the tape player out of my 240, his had nothin)ast

96_S14_SE
Car: 96 S14 SE - 05 VW GTI 1.8t - 89 S13 coupe "gold on brown"

If you can solder then its just two wires and a 5 minute job... Just get the universal type adapter (the cheapest one) or extender and slice the male end off. Strip the wires down and the wires on the mangled oem one, and solder them up.

If your set on using the OEM 240 deck go to a junk yard and hack the oem end off of a nissan. Solder that onto the mangled wire. Use the 240 head this way and use the nissan style to universal style adapter later on.

I cant rem (soooooo long ago) but I think I hacked my oem plug off and soldered a universal one on. The reason my gf's head blew in her probe and I had the cd head from my 240 lying around. So I hacked it off and soldered it on to hers. Which later got a nissan to universal adapter on it hehe, yeah on a probe. Im glad it never went to a stereo place after she got rid of it, as that would make a installer scratch his head for a while. Btw she's had a 240 for 2 yrs now so these silly hassles dont happen.

Return to “Nissan Audio / Entertainment / Security”