Speedometer failure

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
Beejay1971
Car: Nissan Versa

Last night on my way home I noticed my speedometer had quit. After panicking, I pulled into the first lit up site I saw and googled the issues which lead me here. I need input as I'm a 47 years old woman.. Lol first off.

So... Before I take this to a dealership 'cause I live out in the country, I did a trouble shoot. I tried to find a fuse. Thinking along those terms due to the fact it's only the speedometer so it's not the cluster. It's shifting fine and the cruise works. No engine light. Rpm runs fine etc.

I'm trying to find the cost of the fix because I don't want to be taken advantage of at the shop. I read up on the vss, and the cost around here is $300 to replace, $80 to have it diagnosed but not fixed. Can anyone help me out? At least what price range to expect? And is it okay to drive until I save up my cash?

wags69
Car: 2009 Nissan Versa
2007 Saab 9-7x
2002 Cadillac Seville STS

Does the odometer still work?

With cruise still working, no codes, and if the odometer still works, I am thinking cluster.
Sounds like the stepper motor for the speedo gave up the ghost.

Beejay1971
Car: Nissan Versa

Thank you

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”