Speedometer accuracy and cruising at x5

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
Raidin
Car: 2009 FX35 AWD

Hey guys, just traded in my 2008 EX35 for an FX35, and now I'm noticing that the speedometer doesn't seem to be that accurate. I find myself using the average speed readout to figure out how fast I am really going. For example, in order to cruise at 60, I have to make sure the needle is between the notches for 60 and 62.

Also, there are no notches for speeds ending in 5. So 45, 55, 65, etc, have to have the needle sitting in between x4 and x6, which is actually not the case. For example, to cruise at 65, I have to put the needle where 67 would be, but for 55, it has to be where 56 would be.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is there a recall or bulletin about it?

Update: I called the service dept at my dealer, and they told me this is normal, that the speedometer always has a +/- 3% margin of error and that I have to live with it.

Winner

ive heard infiniti use that excuse before. you have to prove to them using a GPS or other speed measuring system that the speedometer is more than 3% off.

if you cant show that its over 3% difference, your only option is to purchase a new speedometer assembly yourself or call infiniti affiars..

good luck

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”