Speedo Not Working

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
Barryman
Car: can't afford any

I am working on a friend's '91 Maxima. The speedometer does not work. I replaced the completely dead original with one from a scrap car. The tach works great. Does that rule out the VSS? The speedo read zero until you get into the throttle then it pegs out over 125mph and stays there until you turn the car off or at least park for a minute. I get some kind of movement so I guess the cable is still good. I did have the VSS out before I replaced the original speedo but since I some type of response I would tend to rule the sensor out as well. Any help? Thanks. This board has been a great help. When I get this Maxima put away I can start on my 240SX and get it going like ought to.Barryman

pervytheclown
Car: Cars (obviously..), Music, and "fly-*** *****es"

I would actually try to take a look at the wires running from the ecu to the sensor to the speedometer. check and make sure that their are not any short in the lines. if you could get a volt meter, that would actually tell you alot, because then you could look at if there was power or not running through the lines.

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”