speedo and coolant gauge doesn't work properly.

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
Gambit X
Car: 93 altima se

i apologize for posting this here but i feel the proper section is dead because i was the last poster in it. and that was in march. i've got a 93 altima 5speed. so i was doing some work on it today trying to figure out why my car stumbles/hesitates/ occasionally stalls out from accelerating say from a stop. and nothing really turns up. i think my dizzy may be going but i can't be sure. well, i put everything back together, nothing hanging where it shouldn't, everything where it should be, and i noticed on my way home that my speedo is jumping erratically all over the place then lays at zero for a while then jumps some more. furthermore, my coolant temp gauge is displaying that the vehicle is not at operating temp and sometimes nearly falls all the way down to cold. this is all while going 60mph over a period of 25 miles. however i'm getting plenty of heat. all of these things were fine before i started and now it's all f'd in the a. if anybody could possibly have some divine knowledge or insight, please let me know. i looked it over upon returning home and can't see a damn thing wrong. like is it my luck that it just starts f*** up and it's completely unrelated to what i did earlier and the timing couldn't be more freaky or could it actually be somehow related? the only emoji i can give this is this one : :wtf2:

thanks in advance for your inputs and thoughts. and once again i'm sorry for posting this here.

Return to “Altima General Discussions”