Speed TV article

All over the world, Nissan products are involved in road racing, track days, time attack and autocross.
audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

TEAM HLM DEBUTS NEW INFINITI G35 AT DAYTONA

The long-awaited Infiniti G35 for Team HLM made its first official appearance at the Rolex Series Daytona test with 2003 Daytona Prototype champion Terry Borcheller and American road racing standout Bryan Sellers sharing the controls of the No. 45 machine. As is the case with most new cars, the Crawford-designed Infiniti had its share of teething problems during the test, but Sellers was optimistic for the car’s future.

“There’s definitely a lot going on,” Sellers said. “It’s always tough when you debut a brand-new car, because when you get one problem solved, another one comes up. The good thing is, when we’ve had some clean laps, the car has been responsive. We’re not having the same issues all the time. The fact that the car is here is a tribute to Max Crawford and all the guys at Crawford Race Cars. The car was originally supposed to debut in March, but I think it was a good choice to delay the car to get things sorted out. It’s been good today to get things sorted out for the future.”

Sellers was to have driven the car in Rolex Series events in 2006, and has not wrapped up a deal yet for the 2007 season. However, he would welcome the opportunity to remain with Team HLM.

“Hopefully, they’re happy with me and what I’ve done and they’ll want to keep me around,” Sellers said. “I think it’s a good program and has a lot of potential.”

The No. 35 machine had run only 15 laps in test sessions at Virginia International Raceway and Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course before its appearance at the Daytona test.

Return to “Nissan Road Racing / Auto X Forum”