Speaking of windows, my sunroof exploded yesterday!

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

So I was driving on the road yesterday, then I heard a loud bang as if a dumbbell fell on my roof. :ohno:

So it was either a bullet hitting my sunroof or a rock.
Well the bullet theory is ridiculous because no high rooftops and definitely nobody shooting at me.

And definitely not a rock since I was driving 35-40 mph with no way a rock can hit up top.

So I slid my sunvisor cover open and saw that the sunroof was full of micro cracks. Thank god the tempered glass did not rain millions of shards and the sun visor was closed. Others are not so lucky as they can potentially get an eyeful of glass particles falling in their face.

Anyways, I was not really in panic mode because I read about this happening to others in the past.

I guess my luck finally ran out. But was very lucky my kid in the front seat was okay. I stayed calm so my kid would be too and I just said my stupid sunroof broke.

I also know Nissan would not take care of this because they have left their customers out to dry in the past.

Anyways, I ordered a used oem sunroof glass off eBay and will fix it myself since it’s relatively easy.

Just warning everybody it might happen to you someday. All the times I looked up through the glass, I’m glad my timing was bad. :wavey:

If it ever happens to you, it will sound like somebody pointing a gun at your glass and shooting it.

Or if somebody took a sledgehammer and hit your moonroof, that type of sound…..but without it shattering.

I was lucky because I didn’t get glass everywhere or that it didn’t fly off.

In the mean time I gorilla taped it until my used sunroof glass arrives.

:naughty:

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/if-you-own ... plode/?amp

Return to “Rogue Forum”