Speaking of oil changes.

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

I just installed the Valvomax quick drain system. It went on smoothly.

It’s great because my drain plug does not point downward but is on the side which is awesome since I have the same clearance as before. Also, not too worried since I lifted my Rogue.

I chose this quick drain system because I am now changing my oil every 3-4K oci for the next 100k instead of the long 12-15k oci I used to do with Amsoil SS.

Moreover, I used the Nissan Copper crush washers since I’m more comfortable with those instead of the flat washer that this system came with.

Now it does not matter what oil I use since I’m changing it more often. I am also changing my fram ultra every other oil change.

Even though my Amsoil routine was during an extreme severe service schedule, I still liked keeping my oil for a long oci because it’s damn expensive and I wanted my money’s worth.

Now that I finished my Amsoil stash and doing shorter oci’s, I’m going to party with my Valvomax drain system from this point on. Moreover, I will use whatever oil is discounted, on sale, or rollbacked.

Now all I need to do is change my diff fluid, but I’m in no rush since I got Amsoil severe gear oil in there. I did change the transfer with regular valvoline for the hell of it.

I’m more worried about my original cvt transmission.
Finally used all my NS-2 fluid and planning on getting the Amsoil cvt transmission oil when I hit the 20k interval.

All in all, my engine is smooooooth as butter, knocking on wood.
:domo:

C-ya
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

I want to change the diffs and transfer case in my daughter's 2011 with 126K miles because I'm sure it hasn't been done yet. I changed the transmission fluid using Recochem Asian CVT formula.

II Kings 9:20
Car: 2021 Nissan Rogue SV

I've always used Fumoto drain valves on all my cars that will accept it but the 21 Rogue drain plug is angled and Fumoto has a new series that fits the 21 and 22 Rogue. The 22 Rogue is also angled albeit with a plastic oil pan which is the first I've seen in the whole of my life.
https://www.fumotousa.com/f103sx.html

Return to “Rogue Forum”