Speaker upgrade?

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
hemi8
Car: 2013 Infiniti G37

I thought since I saw Bose on the speakers I'd be in good shape? 2013 G37 S, speakers have no bass, sound very ordinary, is there anything that can be done? Is the convertible the only one that had the 11 speaker Bose system that everyone loves?

Mike

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Perhaps you can tune your system with some eq settings to get your music to sound better. Have you played with the settings any? Any stereo system can be swapped out for aftermarket in my opinion. Integrated, OEM stereos tend to be difficult, but can still be upgraded. Are you missing the mid-base mostly or the sub base?

hemi8
Car: 2013 Infiniti G37

Sub base, it seems like there should be a speaker upgrade for the rear 2 speakers, nothing radical but something to give it some punch.

Mike

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Sorry for the slow in getting back to this. I wonder which system you currently have. I tend to think of a sports car needing small and light stereos. I'd look into adding a DVC 4ohm, 8" sub in a box with amp, maybe 300 watts rms. Polk makes something like that for speakers, not sure what amp to look into, but maybe a small class D can push such power. You could maybe stash a pair in place of some other speakers and skip the box. Or try for a low profile box under the passenger seat, in trunk or just under the rear deck.

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”