Speaker Problem, Front End Question, Brakes

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
v-nilla

I just bought a 1995 240SX SE - first import I've ever owned and it's awesome except....

the front speakers kick in and out and I can't find the problem, anyone have an idea?

also, when I crank the wheel full left I get a rubbing type of sound out of the front right wheel - no sign of anything rubbing but it's quite loud so I am sure something's going on - again, any help?

Lastly, the car had new brakes put on last fall (the repair shop confirmed) and they squeal like mad, is this normal for these cars?

Any help would be greatlky appreciated!

V-nilla

Zinki2Koki
Car: cars

well first of all the brake problem, I am on my 2nd 95 240sx se and both have had squeeky brakes. The squeeky brakes can be fixed by upgrading to 300zx twin turbo brakes or just replacing the pads, not really worth it though because they will just squeek again in the very close future.

:peace

Zinki2Koki

Your speakers are probably just shorting out in the door or where they spice to become the tweeter in the pillars.

You shouldn't crank any cars steering wheel all the way till it stops anyway, that is what gives that horrible power steering sqweek when you rev your engine or turn all the way in the future.

good luck with your first importand good choice

:peace

v-nilla

The noise from the front end isn't the power steering. When I said crank I meant like when turning into a parking space, really just a tight left turn. And I noticed last night it's more predominant when I have the brakes lightly applied.

Thanks for the door speaker info, this morning it happened when I hit a bump so you're probably right, loose or shorted wire.

thx

Zinki2Koki

Best thing to do to check the noise is to start your car, crank the sterring wheel all the way to the left then turn if off and look everywhere around the wheel. If you can't find anything have a buddy stand next to the wheel that grinds then drive slowly in a circle and have your friend check it out. If he/she can't see or find anything then you should go ahead and have your brakes changed in the front. The brakes "may" have something to do with the noise.

good luck:moon :spank

GodDrivesA240sx
Car: 1995 Nissan 240sx

it's probley that damn plastic part of your wheel well....the thing with the vents on it. The plastic snap holders fall out and then you got that thing rubbing onyour wheel. some ppl rip it off I just shoved mine back in.

v-nilla

Yep, it was the fender liner, thing doesn't sag when the car is sitting still so it doesn't show up when you're looking but I yanked on it and it came loose and the I could see the rub marks. I'm looking for the right fasteners to put it back.

Stereo is still a pain in the !@# but I'm working on it.

This is a great car!

Later All

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”