Speak out

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
I H8 UR DSM

give daunttless a raise...seems like he is going over and above the level of moderator service that some other's are providing...

most things are pretty damn good.

I think when people register, they should be allowed to have the option of having the 'nickname' due to post #, or whatever it would be called, be left blank....

i think post #'s should still be there, but some seem to be offended by the old "driving moms car" or stuff like that...

maybe a forum for 'suggestions'...then threads like this would be unecessary....

ill think of more, give me a few : )

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

Dauntless has no life, that's why he moderates so well :)

Daunttless

All too true, now if only I were actually paid. : )

And you're getting a beating when I see you Torry, jeez, even YOU can't remember that there are two t's in my name. : )

SWIFT_DRIFT

I totally agree with DSM. However I think there should still be the post nicknames...just up to a certain number tho, like say 100 or whatever. Then after that the user could choose his/her own nickname.

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

An easily accessible Chat Room would be nice ---a pain probably, but still nice.

Just a thought.

And Daunt ---

You have TTs, now that is comedy.

InstantRice

yeah a chatroom would be really nice.

Also the maxima and altima forums dont really seem nessacary. they already have huge forums of their own, and when i mean huge i mean huge(maxima.org

A nice links page would be useful as well

I H8 UR DSM

chat rooms usually cost $$...mind as well just get a list of your friends on AIM, then do a AIM chat, and just invite all the 240 dudes intoa private room, and make your own chat

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

InstantRice wrote:yeah a chatroom would be really nice.

Also the maxima and altima forums dont really seem nessacary. they already have huge forums of their own, and when i mean huge i mean huge(maxima.org

A nice links page would be useful as well

One might say the same about the 240SX forums, regarding FA!

The eventual goal is to have maxima.org and altimas.org posting on our site. Along with other forums (sr20deforums.com, b15sentra.net, 240sxforums.com, frontier.net, etc).

If we get rid of those forums, then that will never happen. What you don't know, is behind the background of Nico, we are always working on projects, and that is one of them :)

InstantRice

god nico has secret plans to take over. Its a whole underworld operation in here... assimilating maxima.org, the ser folks, assasination attempts on the president, smuggling nissan engines across the boreder ect.

Stoneage_Turbo
Car: just about anything

ok smuggle me in a det and tranny for my YUGO project

im not sure if you guys wanna assimilate us at G20.net , were doing just fine over there

however , i think the rest of the board is awesome just need more kids to come over and play with us

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

Stoneage_Turbo wrote:ok smuggle me in a det and tranny for my YUGO project

im not sure if you guys wanna assimilate us at G20.net , were doing just fine over there

however , i think the rest of the board is awesome just need more kids to come over and play with us

Basically, all nissan forums of any type are on our list. Some sites are higher on our list that others, but they are all there.

Also, I just want to make sure people realize, our goal is not to take over these sites, but make them want to use our site.

And that is even more so true with all the Sentra/SR20 sites, since I am kin to se-r.net and all of it's spin-off's.

Nismo_Freak
Car: 89 240SX

I am working on the 240SX and SR20DET Faqs at the moment... I suggest we have the same done for the Infiniti and other boards.

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

Have you searched the articles/FAQ's on the main page of Nico? Most of them are Infiniti faq's.

Also, anytime we see a very helpful descriptive (and punctiually correct) post, we turn it into a FAQ.

Stoneage_Turbo

I will be hung for sure in the ring for this one :

how about from now on posts in "the ring" do not go on your post count , as post whoreing is way to easy in there , over at G20.net, posts in the "other makes" and "off topic" sections do not go on your post count. id say this is a good idea as posts there ususaly arent condusive to the "quality information" you guys are after .....

but whatever you go DO NOT GET RID OF "THE RING" its damn near the best thing on the site outside the info:ylsuper

hell i probably shouldnt have even said this , id be damn near back to "driveing moms car" if you guys inact this new thing i proposed

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

Stoneage_Turbo wrote:I will be hung for sure in the ring for this one :

how about from now on posts in "the ring" do not go on your post count , as post whoreing is way to easy in there , over at G20.net, posts in the "other makes" and "off topic" sections do not go on your post count. id say this is a good idea as posts there ususaly arent condusive to the "quality information" you guys are after .....

but whatever you go DO NOT GET RID OF "THE RING" its damn near the best thing on the site outside the info:ylsuper

hell i probably shouldnt have even said this , id be damn near back to "driveing moms car" if you guys inact this new thing i proposed

I'm open to almost any suggestions, including that one. Personally I don't agree with you, but if enough people do, I'll be glad to change it. I don't mind people post whoring, it makes it look like we have lots more traffic than we do :)

Stoneage_Turbo

"I don't mind people post whoring, it makes it look like we have lots more traffic than we do "

Oh , well ok im waaaay ahead of you there boss .......naw just very bored tonight

SWIFT_DRIFT

how many days left over there?

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

SWIFT_DRIFT wrote:how many days left over there?

Over where?

SWIFT_DRIFT

ah sry, i was just refering to stoneage cuz he said hes very bored tonight.

Stoneage_Turbo

around 15 days here , then back to alaska ....213 till im out of the airforce

Mayhem_J30
Car: Ummm...My Car

Stoneage_Turbo wrote:I will be hung for sure in the ring for this one :

i don't think it's a bad idea either, chances are though if we were to have a poll on it, it would get shot down hard.

EZ, posts = traffic = $$$

Stoneage_Turbo

yah thats what i figured , i shall continue to raise havoc on the ring , just to do my part for nico :D

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

Mayhem_J30 wrote:i don't think it's a bad idea either, chances are though if we were to have a poll on it, it would get shot down hard.

EZ, posts = traffic = $$$

Yeah, but I'm sure that if we make those forums not count on your post count, their volume will go down. Not as many people will post if it's not counting towards anything.

Spectre
Car: 1995 240sx se

If it's affordable, I'd like to see a chat room. Keep in mind that I said if.

Return to “General Chat”