Sparking but no crank

Discuss topics related to the VG and VE series engines.
dynamiteZ
Car: 1987 300zx

What up crew? I'm the new kid on the block and I'm finding out very quickly that I don't know as much as I thought I did especially with the import sports car. Anywho... I have a 87 vg30E that is giving me a problem. I got spark at the end of the cranking motion so I set the timing. It made improvements to sparking completely but for some reason it just won't turn over. Am I missing something else or is the problem bigger than me. I'm about ready to stick a match in the tank and say the heck with it. Is anyone else out there with me or any suggestions to salvage my sanity?-Kid Dynamite-

ricers1
Car: 1990 240sx

so it does crank??? the regular check over process is spark, plugs fouled? not enought spark, fuel, proper pressue? clean fuel? , air, anyhting preventing proper air flow, battery power, has not only enough voltage but also cranking amps, timing, ecu could be bad, (not saying this is the problem at all, i dont know enough about these to say much, but with 84-92 bmw era the ecu can have an internal crack causing it to die when i was warmed up, i.e. expanding) and etc. etc. mass air flow sensor could be dirty and sending incorrect readings. but there could be a million things, this is just regular car stuff, i dont know much about these motors either.

Return to “VG30 / VE30 Forum”