Spark Plugs.... Best bang for buck??

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
Road Ruler
Car: G35 sedan prem

I'm ready to replace the plugs on the G and wondering which ones you guys prefer. Looking for performance and longevity.

Thnxs for any info.

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

The OEM NGK plugs are the best IMO. IF you like you could consider going to a slightly colder heat range plug, that may give you a little more performance especialyl when its really hot outside, but they can foul if you do a lot of city driving/short trips and you dont open it up every so often.

Id get the plugs from Joe at Infiniti of Scottsdale. His contact info is in my sig.

BlkrwdT

I dont think cold plugs will give you any gain, more misfire at cold start up. Cold plugs are usually for FI's since combustion chamber can get intense with all the boost. If it an ALL MOTOR then just go with NGK IRidium with same heat range as factory ( I believe its in the 6 range ).

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

The stock heat range is 5 as in most nissans, 6 would be the cold..

Road Ruler

Thnxs guys, good info. Many years ago I used cold plugs in my 69 427 Corvette. With those plugs it had lots of misses until warmed up. Will probably go with the QEM plug as our driving is mixed.

Road Ruler

I talked with the service adviser at the Infinity dealer yesterday about changing the plugs. He said I don't have to change them til the mileage is at 160,000Klm's.

Hard to believe they will last that long but maybe I am just from the old school and my thinking is dated??

That means that with the mileage I am driving that changing the plugs would happen every 8 to 10 years. Wondering if you could get plugs out after that much time or would they be seized in there??

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”