Spark Plug Wires

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
cmkelly
Car: 1992 240sx Vert, 2006 Acura TL, 2001 Pathfinder LE, 1996 4Runner 4x4

Hey Gang,

Why can't I find any spark plug wires for my 2001 Pathfinder (3.5L) 2WD? It seems all the earlier engines are available but not the 3.5....!

Thanks,

Chris

fueler
Car: 2 Nissans, 2 BMW's

You won't find them because they don't exist.

thats because your VQ35 is powered by individual coil ignition. Traditionally on Nissans, before individual coils, there was a single distributor with conductive spark plug wires, like my 99 has. On yours, each individual coil is directly above and connected to the spark plug so there is no middleman spark plug wire. The coils themselves are hooked up by regular electronic wiring to the ECU - you don't ever have to replace a spark plug wire - but when a coil fails (which will definitely happen if you keep it long enough) it will pull a code "P030#" with the # sign indicating which coil has gone bad. But if you really want some, you can buy some hollow ones over at Kaleco Auto for only $80 http://kalecoauto.com/index.ph...id=14 hahahhaha that site cracks me up. o-pipes for dual exhaust and engine oil bypass kit.

cmkelly
Car: 1992 240sx Vert, 2006 Acura TL, 2001 Pathfinder LE, 1996 4Runner 4x4

Wow! What a neebie question! I post at the 240sx convertible site all the time and even have a bunch of "how-to" write ups so this is pretty darn embarasing. No plug wires huh?

Looks like I'll be getting a diag reader and checking out what codes it's throwing. I know the O2 Sensors are bad but haven't bothered to replace them yet. I had the plugs replaced at 150,000 miles but should have done it myself to see what else was going on.

Thanks again!

cmk

SnowSurfLax
Car: 1999.5 QX4, 2006 M35 Sport

fueler wrote:

But if you really want some, you can buy some hollow ones over at Kaleco Auto for only $80 http://kalecoauto.com/index.ph...id=14 hahahhaha that site cracks me up. o-pipes for dual exhaust and engine oil bypass kit.
WTF?! That's insane. It looks so legit... I almost feel bad for people who actually try to order from there...

fueler
Car: 2 Nissans, 2 BMW's

SnowSurfLax wrote:
WTF?! That's insane. It looks so legit... I almost feel bad for people who actually try to order from there...
yeah dude they got some ridiculous stuff there, like salad spinner rims, brass balls, blinker fluid, muffler bearings, etc i love that site.

KoukiS14
Car: 2005 G35x - Lakeshore Slate / Stone

hahaha that site is great!!!sheeeeit no worries -- I'm supposed to be the mod, and I had no idea until right now. .

SnowSurfLax
Car: 1999.5 QX4, 2006 M35 Sport

No, no, the Chin Nuts are the best!

I can't help but laugh everytime I think about it...

Read the reviews too. Damn that's funny!

KoukiS14
Car: 2005 G35x - Lakeshore Slate / Stone

SnowSurfLax wrote:No, no, the Chin Nuts are the best!

I can't help but laugh everytime I think about it...

Read the reviews too. Damn that's funny!
haha yeah.. I was sitting at work and lost it!!It reminded me of the "Chest nut" joke. .

You know, the one where the punchline is something like "What do you call nuts on the chin?"

a mouthful, lol

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”