Spark plug wires for power?

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
lexcrob
Car: I get a different ride faster than I could update this.

KA guys seem to be the brightest when it comes to Tech and the real answers. So i brought this one here def. applies just broad subject. Anyways read and respond> ;)

http://www.magnecor.com/magnecor1/truth.htm

^ i read it kinda lost me there anyways inputs? thoughts? i know not its not a big thing or even alot of power...

Maybe ill email super street for a FACT FICTION -

Help me out nico Magnecor sounds pretty right about EMI RFI jazz so is it just a LOSE LOSE battle. You gotta go carb. to make the most power from ignition systems. I should just criss cross my sparkplug wires and not run em side by side thats the best you can do. GOTTA LOVE THE HIGH PERFORMANCE SCENE that magnecor article honestly made me kinda sick. Good read none the less.

Cheers!

C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

I personally use oe wires simply because I've had bad experiences with aftermarket brands. This includes some of the better companies. Not that they perform poorly, but that most don't mold the boot to the cable which allows the boot to slide up the cable when trying to remove the cable. In some cars the clip ripped itself off the cable and made it impossible to get a plug wrench on the plug. There is just not enough power to be found in plug wires to make it worth the hassle of finding a good set. Frankly, I would speculate the new generation of platinum and iridium plugs may reduce the minimum required voltage for spark enough to effectively mitigate the need for thicker plug wires.

lexcrob
Car: I get a different ride faster than I could update this.

^ that more or less what i was thinking

My problem sadly forces me to go aftermarket ls-1 with hooker headers. Melts the CRAP out of the stockers with or without the oem metal boot. I even tried wrapping them with heat tape DEI. It melted and i noticed it would arch at night just tiny tiny little sparks. Some use the fiberglass whatever socks.... Others go with Taylor 45deg. bends,msd bend a boot things....

I guess ill just go with a cheap fix i cut boots down and zip tie them up out off headers. I dont know if its bad to cut down the insulation tho. This might be a dumb question but do you have to have boots on the ends? Maybe just enough to cover plug and the crimp parts?

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”